31 Oct 2011

Writer's Block ( A.K.A Procrastination)

     So I'm going to come right out and admit it. I am a procrastinator, I will sit on my laptop for hours on end  pretending to write. Usually I end up doing everything but writing. You know important stuff like watching  movies, editing pictures, making movies, and watching 'Happy Days' reruns on YouTube. For some reason all those pointless things seem to take priority over writing.
     I think the main reason that it's so easy for me to do other things is they don't require much effort on my part. I for one can be a very lazy person, and writing is hard. It needs commitment, perseverance and guts. Guts because lets face it your putting yourself out there, for negative and positive feedback. The one thing you have to remember is not to let any negative comments break you. Which I know is easier said then done, any way back to my issues.
They say that the first step is to admit that you have a problem. "I have a problem," there I said it. I guess  the next thing to do is finding ways to deal with it. This is harder, procrastination is very hard to shake. I think that I will always have to fight it in everything I do. It's an obstacle I need to and can overcome. (With God's help of course, like I said lazy). I can tell you one thing though I'm not going to let it beat me. Now the question is will you? da da da da duh ( trying to add scary tune lol.)

4 comments: