5 Dec 2011

Don't judge a book by it's cover?

Love this book and cover
     You know how they say don't judge a book by it's cover. Well as much as I agree with this statement, I do the exact opposite. I always judge books by their covers. I know probably not the smartest thing to do, but I can't help it.  Like if a book has a really awesome eye on it of course I'm going to buy it. ( I mean come on a cool eye you can't beat that) On the other hand if the book has a sunset or wagon or another widely used Amish women. I immediately think boooring and pass the book by. I like the cover's that make you stop as you pass them by and that seem to leap off the page and grab you by the throat demanding that you buy it . Okay I guess you could say that I have a slight cover fetish.
dislike this cover, love book
The one thing that makes me want to change this habit. Is the fact that it also effects the way I view people. I really don't want to judge people on appearances, but I constantly catch myself doing it everyday. Sometimes I have to remind myself  that people are not always how they appear. That said I think it's very funny that we get mad when people judge us, yet we turn around and judge them. I guess the only thing I can do to fix this habit is to pray that God will help me see people how he see's them. Which is easier said then done.
See an awesome eye

8 comments:

  1. i know what you mean when you said that we hat being jujd but yet we do it to them. and what kind of books grab you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mnm, lots of books grab me mostly the ones with swords, dragons, cool writing. Or maybe something that's just different, like the cover with the intense eye. I am going to buy that book just for the cover lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing your first book has a cool cover then, isn't it? When you end up republishing I think you should keep that same idea... it's really cool! And eye-catching! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Joss,thanks it's starting to grow on me.I think I will keep it when I republish the book.It is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is deep, like madge lake deep.
    Awesome post that speaks the truth, NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Crash, deep like a mud puddle deep, or just plain deep. Cause ya know Madge lake is more like a puddle anyways. Well I wouldn't say awesome but it does speak the truth lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madge lake is a big mud puddle lol so same thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your so right, ugh for some reason when I think of Madge lake. I think of dirty diapers, hmm I wonder why ;)jk

    ReplyDelete