I wish I could say that I accomplished a lot in 2011, but I would be lying. I didn't actually finish anything I set out to finish. I was supposed to graduate two weeks ago and now it will probably be January 2 before I'm done. I was supposed to have my sequel and work in progress done, but both are probably only half way done. In spite of all this I had a surprisingly good year. I went to Africa on a mission trip, I got my braces off, changed a billion diapers, and got lice. See not all of the things I did were good, some were even disturbing.
The point I'm trying to make here is that everything I did in 2011 helped me build character and shaped me in some way. Even the things I didn't enjoy, like lice and diapers and getting puked on at 6:00 am by my adorable baby brother. They all showed me what I can handle. Which seems to be a lot in my opinion. If I couldn't learn anything from an experience, well it makes great writing material ;).
Anyway I made a short list of my New Years Resolutions, trust me when I say there a little off beat.
1. Learn to drive. ( I'm serious I'm going to do it )
2. Learn to pick a lock with a paper clip. ( this is my favorite one I mean you never know, right)
3. Learn to hot wire a car, just to say I could. ( This one is kinda a joke because you actually can't do this to the new cars, but my dad said he'd teach me on his old work van. How awesome is that)
4. Learn to play Piano ( I can just see myself at Carnegie Hall in like 50 years)
5. Finish my books because people are getting mad at me, and I want to finish them.
6. To be happy and not take life for granted ( because it's a gift)
7. To always remember W.W. J. D in every situation and to act accordingly. So to pretty much mirror Jesus and become a better person. ( That means What Would Jesus Do, for those of you who don't know ;) )
Well that's it I hope you enjoyed them. No I'm not going to become a criminal, I just watch too many spy movies. Notice how four of them are learning things. So 2012 should be pretty fun and challenging.
Happy New Years, everybody! What are you're resolutions