9 Feb 2014

Villains

     I discovered that I have a slightly dark sense of humor. When I say slightly... well you know. I find humor in the most unlikely places. I'm the kind of person who would rather laugh than cry. Perhaps that's why I enjoy a witty and snark filled villain.
     Don't get me wrong I love a good hero, and as a christian I believe that good will always prevail over evil. Unlike my post on villainous characters, who are sometimes redeemable. I don't root for straight up villains in quite the same way. I think that the lines between good and evil are getting blurred, and that's not a good thing.
     I can laugh at these villains because their not real. I wouldn't have the same feelings for say Hitler.

     Count Olaf 
     I thought that I would start on a lighter note. I have only read the first book in, 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'. Lemony Snicket's writing is so clever. I wish there were more books like it. When I was eight I went and saw the movie adaptation and loved it.
      I understand that fans of the book didn't feel the same way. I didn't even know it was based off a book. Anyway, I recently watched the movie again. I have to say that Jim Carrey does a fantastic job of bringing a child's nightmare to life. I think that the reason why Count Olaf was so disturbing to me as a child was his unpredictability. His true colors flicker in and out. None of the adults around the Baudelaire children listen. He's smart and will stop at nothing to get their fortune.

     Raymond Reddigton

    It doesn't feel right putting Red with the villains or heroes. He is a criminal and a murderer by his own admission so I'm going to put him here. I love this character. He is charismatic, sarcastic, witty, and just awesome. The Blacklist is my favorite show of the moment thanks to him. I can't say much more, so I'm just going to let you watch a video of him.


Moriarty

     Where to start with this one. Well first off I'm talking about Moriarty in Sherlock the BBC show. Though Moriarty in the book was quite good too. This character is complex and yet very simple. He is at his core a sociopath.
      Yet he is very clever and arrogant. Him and Sherlock are two halves of the same coin. I have to say that he creeped me out immensely, but it just made me love him more.

Peter Pan
    It seems no villain post that I write will be complete without a character from 'Once upon a time'. Take everything you know about Peter pan and throw it out the window. He's not a tight wearing, pointy eared kid who doesn't want to grow up. He's a feared fable.
    A shadow who whisks children away in the night. A siren who calls the lost boys to him when he plays his flute. He is a force to be reckoned with. You can't leave Neverland without his permission.
   I love being dramatic, but in all seriousness. Pan is awesome. The guy who plays him is amazing. There are just no words.
I will be doing three parts of this. Because there is just so many villains.

No comments:

Post a Comment