12 May 2014

A Tag

I got tagged.
     
     (1) What are you working on?
       I am working on a novel. I have tentatively titled it, 'Grace like Rain. It's about a sixteen year old girl named Melissa. She is sent to live with her estranged father who left when she was eight. He has since then been married and become a pastor. It's told from both POV's as they struggle with being in each others lives. I made a Pinterest board for it. http://www.pinterest.com/skyehoffert/grace-like-rain/

2) How does your work differ from others of it's genre?
     Its a Y.A but it is told from a parent and a child's POV. It's a love story that plays out more like a tragedy. It deals with hard things that most people don't want to think about. Things like self harm, abusive relationships, suicide, and divorce.

 3) How does your writing process work?
      This is the when you guys discover that I lied. I'm not actually a writer. I have no process that I can think of at the moment. I never outline, I feel like I'm wasting writing time if I do. I usually have several book concepts in my head at all times, and when my brain starts overflowing I open up a word doc. I write, then stop, and cry or scream, and write some more. Repeat that several thousand times and I end up with a book.
    
        I want to thank Maddie for tagging me, check out her answers
http://wonderfulworldofmylife.blogspot.ca/2014/05/blog-tag.html
  
        Anyone who wants to do this tag feel free too. I tag everyone... boom.
    

3 comments:

  1. A YA that has a parent POV sounds super awesome, and most definitely unique.
    Haha, I think you just proved without a doubt that you're a writer! That is the best description of a writing process I have ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think I just proved that I'm insane. Most writer's are though in all honesty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh all writers have to be insane. I think it's in the job description. Haha, funny story, this spring I went to a writers conference, and I was honestly the most sane person there....oddest feeling in the world.

      Delete