18 Jun 2014

Failure Unmasked

   Have any of you ever experienced the smack to the face that is failure.
   I'm assuming at least one person knows what I'm talking about. Even if it's just the failure of losing a board game or ping pong. These past few months I've been dealing with driving failure. I have taken my road test twice and failed and I'm not taking it again. I told my mom I don't need it, and I have never wanted a license.
   I really dislike driving and the test gives me anxiety to the point of where I can't eat or sleep. So having to do it again is not high on my priority list. The annoying thing is that I don't deal with failure well at all. I just break down and feel like the world is over
 
      I also quit a job after doing it for like two days. So I just feel like a wimp, but I could feel my imagination being sucked from me when I was working so my goal in life now is to never have to work a 9-5, ever.  In other news I am writing a story for this contest. I'm actually enjoying the break from my other stories.
   
     I have been enamored with the Beauty and the Beast, since Once upon a Time did their version with Rumpelstiltskin. My entry at present seems like a typical retelling, but my twist lies with the Beast so I hope it's good. I would post some snippets, but I might still change some things. I'm sorry this post was all over the place. Think of it as a sporadic update.







5 comments:

  1. Aw Skye, I'm sorry. I'm sure you'll get it eventually- sorry. This is me assuming that someday you will attempt it again, because a driver's license is necessary to survive in our world. But seriously, don't feel bad. I hate driving too, and always have. My mom had a license but my dad had to teach her how to drive in town when they got married. She didn't know how. So it's not a big deal right now. Just pray about it.
    As for the job, good luck with that (not sarcastic, I'm serious). I'd like to not have to get a job, but for where I'm at in life I don't think it's realistic. So I've been working on job things while still making time for my writing. It's tricky for sure.
    You're not a failure. Things just aren't falling into place just like you think they should right now. Remember, God doesn't make any failures. He's in control of your life. He knows exactly what is going on.
    EEK! I'm so excited about the contest. I still have to start writing mine 0.O It's still just a foggy idea in my head right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you so much, you made me feel better about this whole thing. I will most likely end up with my license, at some point in my life. I will have a job as well, but I will be working from home. My mom and I are planning on opening up an Etsy store, but I still plan on being a full time author one day. When you start writing your entry if you need a second pair of eyes I would love to read it. Only if you wanted me to of course, I don't want you to feel obligated or anything. :) good luck with the brainstorming. it's usually the best part of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad! Oh opening an etsy store sounds like so much fun. I've always wanted to do that. Working from home sounds great! I want to be able to do that when I get married. Sure! I'd love to let you see it! Thanks :) I've got some fun ideas runnin around for it if I could catch them ;)

      Delete
  3. Working at home seems ideal for most writers :). Ya, can't wait to read your spin of the classic. If only ideas didn't have minds of their own I would be able to keep them all straight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I agree. Mostly I want to raise kids and write and have that be my job, but if it must be an actual job I want it to be home based. lol I can't wait to read it either. I'm trying to get some kind of solid outline down. I have to have an outline for shorter stories, otherwise I'll let them drag on forever and totally bust the word limit. Oh gosh, yes. I wish ideas would just write themselves down somewhere nice and orderly and leave me alone with the few I picked out to deal with at a time. XP

    ReplyDelete