23 Sep 2014

The Janeite Tag

     I was tagged by Elizabeth Anne D. for the Janeite Tag. Thanks Elizabeth :)
 Her blog is great by the way so be sure to check it out.

     
      


~Tell how you were introduced to Jane Austen and share one fun fact about your Janeite life (this fun fact can be anywhere from "I stayed up all night reading Emma," to "I visited Chawton and met Anna Chancellor.").
~Answer the tagger's questions.
~Write seven questions of your own.
~Tag as few as one or as many as seven other Janeites and let them know you've tagged them.
 
      My cousin Lisa was the first person to introduce me to Jane Austen. I am ashamed to say that while I have seen the movies I have yet to read one of her books. I started Emma, but it wasn't for me and I got as far as the first line on Pride and Prejudice and I knew I would not be able to read it. I was more preoccupied with reading books by Stephen R Lawhead. * Hides under desk waiting for an attack* Nothing against Jane Austen though, it's me who is the problem. I was and still am a bit of a tomboy romance thing. I thought I would do the tag anyway,( please don't hate me Elizabeth) as I have seen the movies  
     So here goes.
       
1. 1995 or 2005 Pride and Prejudice? 
 2005, because I kept quoting 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and my mom kept shushing me.
 
2. If you could meet one Jane Austen character, who would it be, and why?
   I would love to meet Mr. Darcy, simply to tell him to stop acting coy and kiss her.
 
3.  Favorite Jane Austen quote?
    The one about the boiled potatoes?
 
4. How many of Jane Austen's novels have you read? 
    None, *blushing and cringing* I am super exited to read the zombie version and watch the movie Matt Smith is in it.
 
5.Would you rather go a Christmas party with Emma Woodhouse or visit the sea shore with Anne Eliot?
 The sea, parties are not my thing.
 
6. Have you ever been to England?
 Yes, and I am determined to move there. I adore everything British.
 
7.Would you rather spend two hours listening to Mrs. Bates ramble or with Mrs. Bennet complaining about her poor nerves?
    Mrs. Bennet, I would find her entertaining.
 
Thank you again Elizabeth, I am sorry I'm not a true Jane Austen fan. I did try to answer all the question. I hope you can laugh at my ignorance. I have no time to tag anyone so if you follow me or if you have a blog you are tagged. Maddie I really want to see you do this one.
 
 
     
     

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy XP I'll try. I think I'm less of a Jane Austen fan than you are though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind've figured it wasn't your thing, but your sarcastic wit will make it funny.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes XP I typed it up this afternoon so I'll be publishing it soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you did the tag! Don't worry, I don't judge you for not having read the Jane Austen books. I have to confess, I find them a little dense at some points myself. XD Lol, I love the boiled potato quote! *does the creepy Mr. Collins stare* "What a superbly featured room and what excellent boiled potatoes. Many years since I have had such an exemplary dish..."
    That's so cool that you've been to England! I went there for a few weeks when I was nine, and it is so amazing! I'm determined to retire there when I'm old and rich. (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good I was worried that you might think I was making fun of it or something. Ha Ha love that quote. I was only in England for two days sadly but I took a big bus tour and have wanted go back ever since.

      Delete