6 Apr 2015

Beautiful People: Sibling Edition


   I have far too much fun with these. I mean it allows me to talk about my character's as I see them, like they are actual people. It's hard to find friends who let you do that so it's nice to get to do it here. This link up is hosted by Sky@ FurtherupandFurtherin and Cait@ PaperFury
    I decided to do Belle and Elizabeth Cogmire, from my B&B retelling 'Bleeding Roses'.

 1. What is the first memory they have of each other?

Belle- You were a wrinkled pink babe, that squealed incessantly.

Elizabeth- I recall you brushing my hair, and telling me you were going to cut it off.

Belle- It was rather like a nest. 
 
  2. Describe their relationship in 3 words.

( A few moments of pointed eye contact exchanged)

Elizabeth-  Civil.

Belle- Complex.

Elizabeth- Simplistic. 
  
 3. What kind of things do they like to do together?

Belle- going on walks.

Elizabeth- Torturing Mother.

Belle- Generally causing trouble.

4. What was their biggest fight?

Belle- We have small disagreements but nothing that we didn't settle.

Elizabeth- I will say only one thing 'blue silk'.

Belle- That was an accident.

Elizabeth- Hardly.

  5. How far would they go to save each other?

Belle- I would always do what I can to help her.

Elizabeth- And I would reciprocate as long as it was worth my time.

Belle- Quite right too.

Elizabeth- Really Belle, do you think me so repugnant.

Belle- ...Yes.  
 
6. What are their pet peeves about each other?
 
Elizabeth- You mean besides her attire, shunning of society, and fantasies.
 
Belle- Books are not fantasies.
 
Elizabeth- They may as well be to you, you refuse to enjoy your life.
 
Belle- I do enjoy my life, I just don't care for parties, and simpering, overdressed people.
 
Elizabeth- Should I take that as an insult?  
 
7. What are their favorite things about each other?
 
Belle- Elizabeth, is quite fun when she isn't worrying about her looks and station.
 
Elizabeth- ... I suppose you are bearable. 
 
8. What traits do they share? Mannerisms, clothing, quirks, looks, etc?
 
Belle- We are very different
 
Elizabeth- We both twist our hair when were nervous, would that count.
 
9. Who has the strongest personality?
 
Elizabeth- Me obviously, Belle is far to polite.
 
Belle- On this I agree with you. 
 
10. How does their relationship change throughout your story?
 
Belle- I feel as if I should say it improves but it's unchanged.
 
Elizabeth- I would have to agree, but you do ensnare a beast and for that I am nearly proud of you. 

Belle- You said you despise William.
 
Elizabeth-  I did say nearly. 

12 comments:

  1. OH THEY SOUND FABULOUS! That "disagreement" definitely seems unsettled. ;-) I don't get the feeling they'd jump in front of a bus to save the other, buuuuut, they do sound quite banter-y and quirky. LOVE THIS!!
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you XD it most definitely is. They have a difficult relationship for sure. I love writing banter. THANKS so much for reading. :D

      Delete
  2. I love the way the characters answer these questions. That's such a neat idea--and it really helped bring out their personalities. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love having them converse together. :)

      Delete
  3. I love them! Hehe #3! My siblings and I love "torturing mother" too. And I'm with Belle. Books aren't fantasies; they're preferred company. ;)

    I love your Bleeding Roses story! I hope you finish and publish soon because I want to read it. :D All of your characters are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Torturing mother is something I do as well. Yes, preferred company that's perfect. It's in the works, but if your super interested I could send you the short version I wrote for the contest. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  4. This was so great! Your writing really brings out how sharp and to the point these characters are! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Thanks, Elizabeth especially she is like a double edged sword :P

      Delete
  5. Holy cow I love them both so much. Never thought I would like Beth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest neither did I, she has her moments .

      Delete
  6. Love them! Just... love them. I wish I could say more, but I can't think of what to say. They make me laugh, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, They are such fun to write. :)

      Delete