23 Apr 2015

My 'To Be Read' Pile

 I remember when I was eleven and I never bookmarked a book, because it would be done in an hour or in a day. Depending solely on the thickness of the book. I would take it everywhere until I was done. I read while walking, eating, talking, bathing, and unfortunately using the bathroom.
 My poor mother couldn't keep up with me, and even when she brought home 500-600 page books I would consume them in a day and beg for more. I read every book in the house, I read my dad's books before he even had a chance to read them. I was addicted to books, and this lead into me writing books. It is an incurable disease, once it has you there is no going back.

Here I am twenty years old, and I still have the same disease. I just don't have the freedom to let it control me anymore. I now have responsibilities, distractions, and a sudden need for sleep. Things have changed, I love reading and I am still a fast reader, but I now find new things keeping me from my books.

Television was something that I rarely watched as a kid at least not at the extent I do now. I didn't know it then, but I would unknowingly join a lot of Fandom's in the coming years.

The Internet, I don't even need to explain this one, I'm sure you guys all know.

Time, time is a luxury and I never seem to have it, or use it right.

Anyway, the point of all this is that I may have been neglecting my books a bit. Don't get me wrong not a day goes by when I don't read, but I  haven't read with the energy I used to have and that has resulted in this.
An actual pile of books, I either need to finish or read.  I know it doesn't seem like that much but some of these books are thick.

The worst thing about it, is that I keep buying more. I found myself in 'Chapters'  today and I bought.

Dorthy Must Die- Danielle Paige ( Cait is to blame for this :D)

Neverwhere- Neil Gaiman (It is set in London)

Islands of Chaldea- Diana Wynne Jones (Her last book that she wrote *cries*)

It is 'The Never Ending Story of Skye's Book Obsession'

I think I should seek professional help.





8 comments:

  1. *flails hand in the air* I AM THE SAME WAY. Used to I'd get through books soooo fast, but these days I can't seem to finish them as quick as I want. It makes me sad. Silly adulthood, getting in the way of reading. (And Netflix...) But that looks like a scrumptious TBR pile you've got there. Good luck on your reading endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, being an adult ruined everything. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This post is perfect. That is all.

    *stares dreamily at book pics* DIANA WYNNE JONES. <3 And I totally want to read Neverwhere... you must tell me if it's good. XD The Book Thief is also on my list because of bookclub, and I need to read the Inkheart books, and are those original Hardy Boys? Because yay! :D

    Also you don't need professional help. *shakes head* Or... if you do, I need it worse; my to-be-read pile is literally a BOOKCASE, which is stuffed. XD

    Good luck on your reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks,
      Yes the amazing Diana Wynne Jones, I shall read them all. I will most definitely tell you if it is good :)
      The Book Thief, will be hard for me to read I think, I don't generally read books like it.
      Yes, you must, I am on Ink Spell, and both of them have been marvelous so far, the movie does the books no justice, but I do like who they chose for Dustfinger. Yup my mom loves buying old books, so I have some Hardy Boy's and my sister has Nancy Drew. We watch the old show's of them that my mom watched growing up.

      Well that's good to know, a whole bookcase, amazing. To think I got stressed about a pile. :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. The Book Thief.... I cried so hard when I read it, but you like tragedy, so you'll probably like it. (I still liked it even though it HURT!) And the Inkheart books! Wow those are good too. Get off netflix and start reading! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you have a heart, as for me I don't think a book has ever made me cry, but that is probably because I have a black heart. Yes I am finally reading them! Good advice, but I have been streaming. No Netflix lately.

      Delete
  4. RANGER'S APPRENTICE. I love that series SO much. ^_^ And Exodus Rising is *superb.*

    I don't have a TBR pile, but my mental list is rather lengthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard such good things about the Ranger's Apprentice, I think I will have to go back and reread the book that came before Exodus Rising, it's been so long that I forgot what was going on.
      It is probably a good thing you don't :) my mom is always complaining about mine.

      Delete