14 May 2015

Liebster Award

Shantelle nominated me for the Liebster Award. You guys should go check out her blog, she is incredibly sweet, and a great writer.
There are rules, and I am going to follow them this time.
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the eleven new questions.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominated.
4. Notify the new nominees of their award.

1) What is the driving passion of your life?

 I want my life to glorify God, and lead people to Him.
I also want to make good art.
    
2) Can you name a favorite character from a movie you've seen recently?
  Last movie I saw was 'Age of Ultron' and the Maximoff twins were awesome.


3) What's one book (or chapter, verse, whatever...) of the Bible that has particularly touched you and why?

John 8:7, it's the one about 'You who is without sin, cast the first stone.' 

4) How tall are you? *smiles*

I am not sure on this, but I think 5'3.
5) What's one thing a book needs to have in order to make it a favorite for you?
Looks at my extensive stack. Humor and Tea apparently.
6) How did you start and what's your favorite thing about blogging?
I started blogging, because I want to be an author. It was a way to chronicle my writing journey, and share it with others. My favorite thing is all the friends I have made, I found many people who share my dreams, values, and tastes. Without the blog, I wouldn't have met any of them.
7) What's something exciting that has happened in your life recently?
Umm I ate ice cream. :)
8) Why do you write (blogs, books, whatever)?
Good question, funny thing is I used to think of writing as boring, and now I am trying to make a career of it. I write to discover, learn, and show things that I am to scared to say.
9) Can you describe (or find a picture of) a different-era outfit that you'd love to wear?
A mysterious black cloak, I can not explain my obsession with them.
She looks so deliciously Gothic
 

10) Favorite songs?
So many, but at the moment.
All of these are like completely different genres 
Wild Heart- The Vamps( Boy band, I think)
Wake up- NF( Christian Rapper)
 Stressed Out - Twenty One Pilots (Alternative ish)
Merwiff- Willow beats (Good writing song)
Terrible Things- Mayday Parade( Sad song)
Carousel- Melanie Martinez(Spooky sounding, perfect for my Zombie novel)
Losing Your Memory- Ryan Star ( I don't know why, but I have been listening to this song everyday. I think it's going in William's playlist)

  11) Any advice for your fellow Christian bloggers/writers?

Don't bend, don't break, and write like mad.

 I tag.

Ashely G
Maddie J
Christine Smith
Tracey Dyck
Victoria Grace Howell  
Elizabeth D
Rachel W
Jack

My questions

1. Why do you write?
2. Favorite fictional character this month?
3. What summer songs are you listening too?
4. Favorite book you've read this month?
5. What is a movie or T.V Show, you would recommend?
6. What is your favorite summer activity?
7. What is something you admire about yourself?
8. Favorite Bible verse?
9. Do you play video games, if so favorite games?
10. What is something your scared to do?
11. What is your goal this month?


 

18 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Wooow, I love it! Enjoy the weekend honey!

    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaways:
    Jexshop 10$ gift card & Polka dots dress

    If you want to follow each other, please follow me and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin | Facebook

    (っ◕‿◕)っ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post, Skye!! :) I especially love the exciting thing you did... ate ice cream, ;D That's great!

    Was cool getting to know more about you, :)

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes Ice cream is awesome.
      :D

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your answers, these were so great!

    I just saw Age of Ultron and the twiiiins! They. Were. Epic.

    Humor and tea are good things to have in books. *nods*

    Eating ice cream is DEFINITELY exciting! I mean, ICE CREAM.

    This was so fun. And thank you for the nomination!!! You are so sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I loved it, and the twins *Feels*. I am slightly mad that they didn't get more screen time.
      I am easy to please,with books it seems.
      Here I was feeling slightly pathetic, that eating was the most exciting thing I had done, but you're right.
      Thank you, can't wait to read your answers.

      Delete
  4. #7 XD Ice cream is always exciting!

    Thanks for the tag. I might just consider vlogging it. I haven't done one of those in awhile. But I never know what to vlog about. . .

    I love that Bible verse you were talking about. It has a big impact on my life. In a world where "Don't judge me" is such a common sentence, I don't think people even know what it really means anymore. That verse sheds light on how we as Christians are supposed to react to others' wrongdoings. With love. With humility. Because we're only human.

    The black cloak! It's so awesome! I had/might still have a mild obsession with black hooded cloaks. There was this one character I had in an old series who always wore one. If I had one, I would probably where it every where, and every time I'd put up the hood I would think of Watson complaining to Sherlock about him flipping up his coat collar to look cool. :D

    I'm going to have to check out some of these songs. I'm always on the hunt for new music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :D
      You should, I love your vlogs.
      It's one of my very favorites, I find that it is so easy to cast stones. Even though I am no better.
      I wrote a character who sits and broods in a back cloak. I would too, Sherlock!! :) I understood that reference.
      This is going to sound funny, but please don't judge me based off my music taste. I know it's weird. :)

      Delete
    2. No, it's cool. My music taste is unexpected for most people who think they "know" me.

      Delete
    3. Me too, nobody gets my music or they make me feel terrible about it.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE IT. "I ate icecream". Eating icecream is always a good thing to chronicle. You crack me up :D and you never need a reason for mysterious black cloaks, or cool medieval clothing in general. Rock your flowing cape, Skye, and send me a picture! ^_^

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :), I agree ice cream is important. Good to know, I will most definitely if I ever find the perfect one.

      Delete
  6. Ohhh. I've heard so many good things about Age of Ultron. My dad and sister got to see it in the theater, but I was busy. *sigh* I'll have to *try* to wait patiently until it comes out on Redbox or DVD. :p
    We're the same height. xD *high-fives*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so impatient, it would kill me to have to wait to see it. I hope you like it :)
      Yay :D *high five*

      Delete
  7. Age of Ultron! *wails because I haven't yet seen it*

    Humor and tea, haha. XD Thinking about it, though, I honestly can't recall ever reading a book where tea was a big factor. Coffee, yes, but not tea. Hm.

    Yay for ice cream! ^^

    Ooh, what a perfectly dark and mysterious black cloak. Find me one too, while you're at it. ;)

    Thanks for the tag!! My goodness, I had no idea when I started blogging that I'd get so many. Well, three now, but it feels like a lot for a fledgling blogger like myself. :) Looks like some great questions, Skye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to see it, it is so good.
      Anything by Dianne Wynne Jones, or any British author they always mention tea.
      Always ice cream. :)
      Your Welcome! tags can get overwhelming, so if you don't want to do it feel free to say so :) Thanks.

      Delete
    2. I knoooow! My brother saw it the weekend it came to theaters, and he's been jokingly torturing me about it. XD
      Ahh, then perhaps I have read some British/tea sort of books.
      ^__^
      No, no, I'd love to do it! I'll just probably end up letting anyone grab the tag. :)

      Delete
    3. Brother;s are so mean :)
      Always British, they are super serious about tea.
      Okay good :), I do that do, the tagging part takes the longest.

      Delete