4 Jun 2015

Summer Writing Camp

Ashely G @Insert Title Here  came up with this cool writing, link up thing. Basically you write something using a prompt and put your link in the comment section on her blog. An awesome idea if you ask me. So the first prompt is.

I was intrigued so I decided last minute to take part in this. You should check out Ashely's awesome use of the prompt it involves elves. Elves guys!
So I kind've cheated and worded the prompt differently. Oops, any way hope you all enjoy.



William paced the dark room. A fire flickered in the hearth, washing everything in a red glow and creating twisted shadows. The whiskey sloshed over the glass as his shaking hand, attempted to pour it from the decanter. He choked it back, willing it calm his quaking body. He poured himself another glass, nothing worked like it used to. Alcohol couldn't cloud his mind, it didn't drown out the images. It didn't numb the monster.
A rage shot through him, the glass broke in his hand. He squeezed, watching the blood leak through his  pale fingers.  He didn't feel it, maybe it was the drink or the curse. Not that it mattered either way.
"Drinking yourself dry again, are you Master." Verda said, her pinched face was hardly a welcome sight.
 " I can do little else." William spouted, trying to shake the bloodied glass from his hand.
  Verda pushed him into a chair and inspected his hand. "Did you have another attack?"
 "No, I just tire of being sequestered here." He winced, as she dug out a jagged sliver out.
A small grin  alighted on her face, "Missing the human race again, Master."
He snorted, "Hardly,"
She glared at him with obvious disbelief.
" I don't miss people, I miss places. It's because of people, that I am trapped here." He said softly, trying not to appear vulnerable. That's all he was now  vulnerable and weak.




13 comments:

  1. I read the first word "William" was like "Oh my goodness! This is going to be great." :) This was awesome. I love how you twisted the prompt so it matched the story better.

    William is always so alone and shut up. :( I guess that's why I like the story so much, because in the end he doesn't have to be anymore.

    And thanks for the shout out. :) I'm so glad you joined the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy :D Thanks. I tried doing the original, but it didn't sound right.

      Yes he has kind've a horrible life before Belle. I'm glad you like it.

      Your Welcome, it was lots of fun to do.

      Delete
  2. That gif is wonderful, and perfectly encapsulates the snippet! This is a GREAT answer to the prompt. I haven't been here that long, but I know William is your darling current character, and I'd love to know more about him. ^.^ This prompt looks fun, I'm gonna check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am particularly fond of that gif. :)
      He is, not sure how that happened. I would love to have you read his story if you wanted to.
      It's only 18,000 words or something.

      Delete
    2. Sure, I'd love to!! :D Is that the complete story, or just what you have so far?

      Delete
    3. Yay! :D it's a complete short story I did for a contest, but I am expanding it.

      Delete
    4. Oh and my email is in my profile, if you want to email me so I can send it to you. :)

      Delete
  3. THIS WAS FABULOUS! I love William, and this was a really well written scene. I could feel the intensity! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! I needed to hear this.
      :)

      Delete
  4. Ohh this is a really cool linkup! I'm definitely checking it out. And I loved this excerpt bit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all how dare you. secondly, wow, really well written! It's scenes like that which really flesh out the characters more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How dare I.. you killed Marthen, so there. Thanks, yes you get to see his sensitive side.

      Delete
  6. It is, lots of fun too, Thank you so much.
    :D

    ReplyDelete