10 Jul 2015

Summer Writing Camp #4

So Ashley@inserttitlehere
created this linkup to keep our writing honed for the summer months. This one ends on the seventeenth and I highly recommend doing them.


Darkness was setting in, taking up it's residence in William's chest. The dark heightened his senses drawing a clearer picture than the light could create. He could sense the heat from the woodland creatures as they cleared the area. He could hear their breathing and growls.
They were not his prey, to the far right of him was a human.
He had been tracking this person, but their pulse was ebbing, fading, dying.
His own pulse sped up in response, his animalistic urges consuming his fear and pity.
Rain was falling in a flawed beat blanketing the air.
It tasted strange, it tasted of blood.



10 comments:

  1. Wow, just wow... The tone and style of the writing pulled me right in. I wish there were more to this snippet! I'm really intrigued by these characters now... Fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :)
    I wrote this based off of a novel I am working on, its a Beauty and the Beast retelling. There is lots more where it came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! :)

      Ooo! I love retellings! My Summer Writing Camp snippet was a bit inspired by Beauty and the Beast too, except mine is a short story that I'm writing. Can't wait to hear more from it then!

      Delete
    2. That is cool. Mine was a short story too, it was for a contest. I am making it a full length novel now.
      If you ever want to read the short version just let me know.
      :)

      Delete
  3. Oo! I like it. Very dark. And I love the open ended-ness of it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, with William its always dark.
      :)

      Delete
  4. THIS IS CREEPY AND DARK AND MAKES ME WANT TO READ MORE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I keep wanting to do these things and keep forgetting!

    And this is FABULOUSLY CREEPY - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite fun :)
      Thank you, I love writing creepy.

      Delete