17 Jul 2015

William Snippets



 So I found this floating around on my computer, and I thought I would share. William sends his regards.

Chapter 4
"The Prisoner is secure, master."
I didn't so much as lift my head to acknowledge, the matron's presence. She hated to be ignored, and I was more than happy to indulge in making her life as unpleasant as possible.
"I will be able to sleep now that the flower thief is free." I said with false platitude.
"Yes, Master."
I looked up, her expression deadpan and serious. My sarcastic wit was lost on her, but more likely was that she choose to ignore it. I signed the letter I had been penning with an illegible scrawl. "Your sure she is fit."
"She is as fair as they come, blonde if you must know."
I fold the letter and place it in an envelope, and allow an arrogant grin to cross my face.
"She suits my fancy, then"
    Verda remained silent as she sat down across from me, her back as straight as a needle, posture being of the upmost importance to the old bat.
    I picked up the red, wax candle, I had lit and dripped the wax over the envelope, I pushed the seal into it closing the envelope. After scrawling my name, I slid it over to her. "Signed and sealed for one Elizabeth Blackwood."
      Verda lifted it up and studied it, "Your penmanship need works." She said
     "Thanks Mother,"
      She stood up , the envelope securely clasped in her hand. "Will that be all."
    "For the moment, yes" I said
       She left soundlessly like she always does, like a wraith.

16 comments:

  1. OKAY THIS JUST YES.

    "She hated to be ignored, and I was more than happy to indulge in making her life as unpleasant as possible."
    Oh my word that man. He's so bad! XD I seriously can't with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Your comments always make me smile.
      I can't either, he is such a pain.

      Delete
  2. "like a wraith." Oo, Verda. Her slow, patient revenge is kind of chilling.

    I like the "Thanks Mother." Sounds like William to me. ;)

    That word, 'platitude.' I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, she is scary, definitely one of his :)
      Me too, I rarely use it though.

      Delete
  3. This man. Is fabulous. I can't decide if I want to throw something at him or try to hug him. It's shear brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddie, probably throw something. I don;t think he likes hugs.

      Delete
  4. This reminded me of some of the best things about Bleeding Roses. ^_^ William's dark sarcasm, Verda's creepiness, the general gloom of the setting... Loved the line about his penmanship needing work. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, everything about this comment. You made my day.

      Delete
  5. William's soooo creepy haha. Does he like blondes because they have more fun?? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, I would assume so yes, he would probably think something like that. He has no class.
      :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, he likes to be mean, does he?! "She hated to be ignored, and I was more than happy to indulge in making her life as unpleasant as possible." ;-) I LIKED THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, first, I'm still reading Bleeding Roses at the pace of a snail strolling through molasses. BUT! I do so enjoy it when I do read it. ^.^ Second! The fact that William is sarcastically witty, and has a rumpled Tom Hiddleston for his character model, gives him a real high ranking in my list of "Super Awesome Characters That I Love." XD This is such a great snippet, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries ;) take as long as you like.
      Thank you so much, this comment made me smile like an idiot.
      I'm so glad I made the list.

      Delete