22 Aug 2015

A Series of Unfortunate Events

If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you would be better off reading some other book. - Lemony Snicket


 Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire were intelligent children, and they were charming and resourceful, and had pleasant facial features, but they were extremely unlucky, and most everything that happened to them was rife with misfortune, misery, and despair.
- Lemony Snicket



 Anyone who knew Violet well could tell  she was thinking hard, because her long hair was tied up in a ribbon to keep it out of her eyes. Violet had a real knack for inventing and building strange devices, so her brain was often filled with images of pulleys, levers, and gears, and she never wanted to be distracted by something as trivial as her hair. - Lemony Snicket




Klaus was a little older than twelve and wore glasses, which made him look intelligent. He was intelligent.- Lemony Snicket

 

Being only twelve, Klaus of course had not read all the books in the Baudelaire library, but he had read a great many of them and had retained a lot of information from his readings. -Lemony Snicket


Sunny Baudelaire, the youngest, liked to bite things.

 She was an infant, and very small for her age, scarcely larger than a boot. What she lacked for in size, however, she made up for with the size and sharpness of her four teeth.
- Lemony Snicket




In this book, not only is there no happy ending, there is no happy beginning and very few happy things in the middle. - Lemony Snicket 




 At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe that there is much more good than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough. And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.- Lemony Snicket

17 comments:

  1. Hey! Is that you and two of your many many siblings? Or are you taking the pictures, and that's THREE of your many many siblings? X) (I haven't seen enough pictures of you to recognize you on sight, sorry).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D That is three of my many many siblings. I am taking the pictures. No worries, I am usually behind the camera. So I don't get many pictures of myself.

      Delete
  2. OMGGG YOU GUYS COSPLAYED THIS SO WELL!! THIS IS THE BEST!! (I see from the above commenter that you're the photographer and they're your siblings?! That is soooo cool they participated. XD Siblings are handy.) Zomg I'm just geeking out here because I ADORE this series and I love how you set it up next to the iron fence and with the colour accents. THIS IS JUST SO COOL I'M DEFINITELY GONNA SHARE IT ON MY WEEKEND POST. *flails*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMIGOSH, THANKS :D
      I do a lot of different photo shoots with them, I pay them in favors.
      * Biggest smile ever* I am so happy you like them, thanks. Hearing that made all the editing work worth it.
      REALLY, eeekkk, I feel so honored.

      Delete
  3. OH MYYY GOSH I'VE READ THIS BOOK!!!! I've read the first one and NEED to find the second one! AWESOME POST, CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE.

    Rukiya XX

    My blog link (check it out if you want to) shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read six of them myself, but I love them, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed them if fans of the book like the pictures. I did something right :D

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is PERFEEEECT!!!! The pictures (and lovely models) fit the story so amazingly! I've read the first two of this series and absolutely loved them, I NEED to read the rest.

    This was just fantastic. Your models, the angle of the photography, the colored accents--all of it! LOVE. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you Christine, your comments always make me squeal and fail. Me too, I only have the first seven must acquire the rest.
      Thank you, I had way too much fun with it.

      Delete
  5. OMG. Did you just edit YOURSELF and your family into Lemony Snicket's wondrous creations? I AM BEHIND THIS. Gosh, this is so pretty, and all the quotes are bringing back wonderful ASOUE memories for me. And argh, the colour accents, and everything. This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way, Yes I guess I did.
      :D Thank you, I was hoping people would think of the books rather than the movie. but I love the movie as well.
      Made me blush, thanks.

      Delete
  6. These pictures are frickin' AMAZING! love these so much. Really need to re-read the Series of Unfortunate Events! *flashback to my childhood*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I am reading them now, they are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This photos are awesome. When I read the title I thought it was a review. Then I was like, "This is so much better than a review!" I love how you sprinkled in the quotes. The photos just work really well with them. Also, I like the touch of color. ;) You're a really good photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, I should probably review them at some point.
      :D You made me smile thanks.

      Delete
  9. OH I FIGURED IT OUT
    I didn't realize it was you in the photos at first :-) These are the greatest! I have yet to read any Snicket, but I want too very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D It's actually not me, it's my sister. We look a lot alike though. You should they are marvelous.

      Delete