25 Aug 2015

Summer Writing Camp #7

This is the last one of the summer guys, it finishes on the 28th. Once again this is the link up Ashely created it, check out her blog Insert Title Here
 She is brilliant guys, brilliant.
The Doctor has spoken
Not all haunted places are houses, some are within your own mind. Within your own memories.
 The hinged wooden lid creaked as it opened. The disturbed dust scattered, peppering the stale air. Inside lay a brooch. A silver brooch with an opal was inlaid in it. Giving it a simple, yet rich appearance.
A wave of sickness overtook William as he looked at it. He took it out of the silk lining gently, as if it were alive. He closed his fingers over it, the brooch was small and fragile in his grip. Much like the women who once wore it.
She was the first, the first in a long line of people who became victims to his curse. There were some who had heard the rumors about the demon who lived in Blackwood. Who if they saw this room would think that it was a room of trophies, some gruesome display of his kills. It was much worse than that, it was a reminder. A cache, a hoard that he kept to remind himself of the lives he had taken.
There were so many, more than he cared to count. More than he could ever pardon.
He stroked the gem, her death was the most clear, hers was the one that had destroyed his humanity.
 Simply because he had fallen in love with her.


16 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

    Mostly: because you're an amazing writer and I love your writing voice. I would love to see this turned into a novel, it's really great. Your descriptive words are on point.

    Also: because Tom Hiddleston's face.

    And yes, Ashley is quite brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Squeals* Thank you!
      That is so nice of you to say, made my day. It is in fact from a novel I am currently writing, I wrote a short story for a contest, and I am lengthening it right now into a novel.
      It is a lovely face.
      She is :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh that gave me the chills! You're a very talented writer, Skye. I especially loved the last line, it left me hanging, wanting more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you, I am so glad you like it. I always like to leave the feeling that there is more. Which in William's case there always is.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! This makes me so sad. :( That ending. Why? Okay, I know why. But it's still sad. *sniffles*

    I like William.

    *glares at Verda* Why'd you got to be so mean?

    This is really beautiful though. It's not a room of trophies but much worse. I like it (even though it makes me sad. . .). Excellent writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write lots of tragedy I don't know why. Sorry :S
      That makes me very happy,
      You know how psychopaths are.
      Thanks :D

      Delete
  4. That's okay, I didn't NEED my heart today or anything! Ugh, this story. So heartbreakingly beautiful! I loved this so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you can borrow mine *breaks* never mind. Thank you it has been incredibly hard to write lately.

      Delete
  5. LOVE THE TWIST ON THE PROMPT. Really, I wasn't expecting anything like this and VROOM, there go all the feels. That gif though. Is that Tom Hiddleston? What movie is that? *clutches at heart*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yay I love causing feels. Yes that is Tome Hiddleston. It is one of his up and coming movies, called 'Crimson Peak' I believe it's in the horror genre so I probably won't watch it, but I loved the Victorian look.

      Delete
  6. All of life is haunted. I'm sure of it. Great writing.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way I suppose your right. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Awwwww man that's some heavy stuff! Dang, now I can imagine some people sneaking into his mansion and discovering the room, thinking it's just some trinkets at first...but then realizing that it's a trophy room. But by then, it's too late, and William's got some more reminders to haunt him. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very heavy. That is basically what happens, I mean Belle is going to find it eventually.

      Delete
  8. THIS IS SO INTENSE I LOVE IT.

    The prompt is so good too. I wish I had gotten around to doing these, but alas, the summer was too busy. I love reading yours though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad it was intense. Oh I know the feeling, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete