19 Sep 2015

The Bedtime Book Tag

I was tagged by Sarah@ Ink and Paper Tall Ship who is somehow managing to blog and go to college at the same time. She is remarkable.

1.What book kept you up all night reading?
  More than one let me tell you. Solitary by Travis Thrasher, kept me up late, because I was trying to figure out what was going on. It was also very creepy.

2.What books make you scared to fall asleep?
 House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker, I think this one only did because I was far too young for it when I read it. I think I was 11 when I read it.

3.What book almost put you to sleep?
 Reading tends to put me to sleep, so I actually fell asleep reading, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern I actually am really enjoying it though. The imagery is top notch.

4.What book has you tossing and turning in anticipation for its release?
Every Word by Ellie Marney, I loved the first book Every Breath. Its a modern Sherlock Holmes retelling and even though Watson is a girl in it, which made it a bit more steamy than I would have liked. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it just released, but I am no where near a book store.

 5.What book has your dream boyfriend/girlfriend?
 Oh, well not to use a book twice but James Mycroft, from Every Breath. Who is basically Sherlock in a much more age appropriate form. or Chris Buckley from Solitary Tales, is another favorite but I would probably end up being sacrificed.

6.What book world would be your worst nightmare to live in?
The Maze Runner comes to mind, I would die. Me and running don't mix.

7.What book has a nightmarish cliffhanger?
 The Raven Boys by Meggie Stiefvater, I had to go out and get the second one right away.

8.What book cover reminds you of nighttime?

Ink Spell its blue.

 9.What book have you actually dreamed about?

None actually,  which saddens me.

 10.What book monster would you not want to find under your bed?

Barrow Down from Lord of the Rings

16 comments:

  1. Firstly: Yes, Sarah is a remarkable human being. ^_^

    Secondly: AHHH, SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S READ SOLITARY!!!! Let me hug you! Have you read the rest of the series yet? They are so magnificently creepy and confusing, but trust me, it will all make sense in time. >:)

    Thirdly: You read House at age 11. O.O I read it when I was probably 16-ish, and it was creepy then. I would've freaked out big time if I'd read it as young as you.

    And lastly... Barrow downs. *shivers* That would be rather unpleasant.

    Anyway, great answers! :) I'll be getting to this tag myself sometime in the (near-ish) future...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is :)
      GASP, you have read it too, I love it one of my favorite series, and yes I read them all. They are awesome.
      Yes, and I was terrified, I also didn't understand any of the symbolism.So I was kinda just like, what did I read.
      I know they are terrifying, kinda glad they weren't in the movie.
      Thanks :), cant wait to read yours.

      Delete
  2. Arghhhh.
    I have heard SO SO much about The Raven Boys, but have never seemed to actually pick it up from the library? Either I forget or it's not there when I go, so I STILL haven't gotten around to reading them despite all the raving from the bookish community.
    Oh, and The Night Circus is another one I want to read sooo badly. Some have said that it's slow, but I usually don't mind books, so I'm excited to read that one, too. I wish I had more time to read all these books on my to-read list! Writing and blogging and school are just talking over my life. *sobs*

    Katie Grace | A Writer's Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, I have only read the first two, but I love them. That sucks that their not in you library.
      It's a bit slow, but I have enjoyed it thus far, I mean a night circus what an idea.
      Aww I know the feeling my To Be Read pile just keeps growing.
      Thanks for visiting and commenting :D

      Delete
  3. Aw thanks a billion, Skye! XD
    A Sherlock Holmes retelling? Why have I not read this yet? I also seriously need to read more Ted Dekker. Only read one book of his so far, which is sad because he's written like 50 others! So much to read and so little time to read it!
    I had mixed feelings about the Night Circus. I read it all in one day when I was sick, so I don't remember it very well, just that it wasn't what I had expected. Very beautiful writing, though, and a super intricate plot.
    Oooh I would most definitely NOT want to run into a Barrow Wright! Not without Tom Bombadil within singing - distance. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome :D
      Yes, it is so good. I love it. I have only read about three of his books myself. He writes so many.
      Oh yes reading while sick can be misleading. I am not even halfway yet so I am not sure what my opinion is overall.
      Me either, they terrified me as a kid.

      Delete
  4. Ah, House. Super freaky book, I can definitely see how it would scare a young you. XD Those "Every Breath" books sound really interesting! I'm a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, so I may have to check it out! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was scary. I don't think I slept that night. It is reaadd itttttt!
      So good.

      Delete
  5. Every Breath! Every Word! I've recently heard of these. I really want to read them.

    Awesome tag!

    Anything Frank Peritti is freaky. As well as Bill Meyers and his Forbidden Doors series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They deserved all the hype believe me.
      It is you should do this tag.
      True, I loved The Forbidden Doors series.

      Delete
  6. Oh, what a fun tag! Loved reading your answers! But sadly the only books you listed that I've read are The Maze Runner and The Night Circus. I LOVED The Night Circus. It had a few things in it content-wise that I wasn't happy about, but overall it was just gorgeous. It seriously may be the most beautifully written book I've ever read.

    It's funny you just did a bookish tag because I kinda just tagged you for another one... You can find it here: http://musingsofanelf.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-bookshelf-tag.html But there is nooooo pressure to do it! ONLY do it if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh me too, the content was definitely something I took issue with.
      That's cool, I will have to check it out. :D

      Delete
  7. I feel like I would die in the Maze Runner too. o_O I mean, I like sprinting, but running for hours through the Maze with Grievers around to stab me?!? NO THANK YOU. If I had to pick a dystopian world, I'd just pick The Giver. XD At least murder is calm there. *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I don't even like sprinting. The Grievers are the worst.
      I need to read that one. :D

      Delete
  8. oh my gosh. I didn't even know there was a sequel to Every Breath. That makes me so happy. I love love loved that book--well-done Sherlock stories are my favourites. Have you read Trouble is a Friend of Mine, by Stephanie Trombly? It's written in the same concept. Will definitely need to get my hands on Every Word. :)

    thank you for the lovely comments on my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is and I just picked it up, can't wait to have some time to read it. Me too anything Sherlock and I will buy it.
      No I haven't but now I want to :)
      Your welcome, and thanks for visiting mine.
      <3

      Delete