15 Oct 2015

Beautiful Books #1

Once again this is a monthly link- up hosted by Cait and Sky usually it's beautiful people, but it seems that they decided to switch it up and do beautiful books.

 So I decided to talk my novel, tentatively labeled, 'The Unhappening'

1. How did you come up with the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?

Oh ummm I think I've had it for a year and a half, I am not allowed to work on it until I finish some other books. As for how I came up with it I don't know, it's a fantasy book, that is one part Ouran High school Host Club and one part Howl's Moving Castle. I basically took everything I have ever loved and decided to put it a book. 

 2.Why are you excited to write this novel?
  
I am excited because I am going to get to twist certain fairy tales and there is lots of tea and food in it.
It's the first book I just let myself go crazy with so that will be fun in itself.
  
3.What is your novel about, and what is the title?

It is about a whole host of characters, but it is mainly about Isabella Hawthorne.
 Her mother wants her to be a governess, but her eccentric aunt sends her off to Tales End academy with her childhood friend Charlie.


4. Sum up your characters in one word each. (Feel free to add pictures!)


 Isabella Hawthorne- stubborn

Charlie Chestermere- slapdash 


Peter- horrible

They are the main, but there is more.

5. Which character(s) do you think will be your favourite to write? Tell us about them!

As much as I hate to admit it probably Peter, because he is a vampire with a drinking problem


6. What is your protagonist’s goal, and what stands in the way?

Isabella's goal would probably be just to drink tea and read books, she never really had any goals other than what people put on her.

7. Where is your novel set? (Show us pictures if you have them!)

It's set in a lot of different places, but the main is probably the Academy.


If this was in working order.

 
Isabella's home


8.What is the most important relationship your character has?

Isabella's friendship with Charlie is the most important.
 









9.How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?

She is a little less cynical and probably a little more accepting of love.

10. What themes are in your book? How do you want your readers to feel when the story is over?

This is going to sound like something off Veggie Tales, umm everyone is special and worth something. 

11.BONUS! Tell us your 3 best pieces of advice for others trying to write a book in a month.

I have never done it but I assume caffeine, chocolate, and supportive friends would help. 

20 comments:

  1. Your advice is spot on dear, and I am in love with Peter and only mildly ashamed. I have a feeling Charlie is going to be splendid too. *applause*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Yes, I am glad you love him, he's the one you hate to love.
      I sure hope so.

      Delete
  2. Haha a vampire with a drinking problem. That sentence alone is so funny! Everyone IS special and worth something, even vampires with drinking problems lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was laughing when I wrote it. True Veggie Tales is so inspiring.
      :D

      Delete
  3. OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB?!? It is one of my favorite animes of all time. I absolutely love the concept. Howl's Moving Castle is a classic too, although I do like another Studio Ghibli Movie a tiny bit better... it's called Kiki's Delivery Service. :D
    FOOOOOOOD. I always love food. Who can hate food? On the subject of tea though, I'm more of a coffee person. XD And is it bad that now every time I hear the words "Fairy Tale" I think of Once Upon A Time? (I don't know if you've watched that show yet though... but I highly recommend it so far even though I'm still only on Season 1.)
    Ooo... "Slapdash" such a unique adjective.I need to keep that one in mind.
    All of the David Tennant gifs... they made my day.
    From what you've answered, this novel sounds amazing already. I don't have the attention span to craft a novel, but that doesn't mean I'll stop writing anytime soon though. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a favorite of mine too :D I love the book of 'Howl's Moving Castle' more than the movie, but it's still good. I just watched Kiki's delivery service recently, I am trying to watch all the Studio Ghibli movies. :)
      I know who could hate food, it's beautiful, I love both tea and coffee equally. No that isn't bad, I love Once Upon a Time, Rumpelstiltskin is my favorite character.
      It's a great word
      Good, David Tennant always seems to make me happy too.
      Thank you, I'm glad you like the idea, I didn't used to ether so who knows maybe one day you will. :D
      Never stop writing, your comment really made me smile so thanks <3

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great book! I do believe having photos of your characters helps make them more "real" to you, which makes them more real to the reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really does help to have a visual.
      :D

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen the things it's based off of, but your book sounds fun! Best of luck with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, oh, it's Isabella, Charlie, and Peter's novel!!! I am so excited to learn more about this thing, because the little tidbits I've gotten have whet my appetite so much I'm drooling all over the place. I mean, THIS NOVEL!!! I've never seen Ouran High school Host Club but Howl's Moving Castle is my FAVORITE book and fantasy is my favorite genre. So, uh, YESSSSHHH. Plus fairytale twists and tea and food and such interesting characters. GAH. This thing sounds amazing!

    Write this thing, Skye, write it! I NEED. Like seriously, this book sounds so insanely unique and bizarre and charming. AND I NEED IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is :D
      Really, *Bear hugs you* Your comments always make me smile.
      Howl's Moving Castle is the best, I can't guarantee it will even be half as good. I hope to capture the same feeling though. Thank you, I'm glad you like the elements and the idea :D
      I shall, I will. Thank you because you make me want to finish it as soon as humanely possible.
      Your comment made my day :D
      It is very bizarre and I hope it's charming.

      Delete
  7. Caffeine and chocolate and supportive friends are EXCELLENT ideas, tbh. I highly approve. XD *stockpiles dark chocolate* OMG AND YOUR BOOKS SOUNDS GREAT! Peter sounds like he'd be a real wonderful one to write. hhehhhh. Okay, but I like writing the dubious and sometimes villainous characters the best too! :D
    Also Isabella's goal = my life. XD
    I loved reading this, Skye! Thanks for linking up! (And sorry it took me so long to come by and comment!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate can fix anything. Thanks ;D
      He is tons of fun to write, but a horrible person. Me too, there is just something about them that makes me smile.
      He he, basically my dream.
      Thank you, Cait, ( no worries, I don't even know how you manage to keep up with comments)

      Delete
  8. *nods* Having done NaNo every year since 2011, I can say for certain that your advice is spot-on.

    Also, I think Isabella and I may be kindred spirits, lol. Drinking tea and reading books sounds like a wonderful life, lol.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! :D


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I will have to use it then if I ever do Nano.
      :D I think so too.
      Your Welcome, thank you for visiting mine.

      Delete
  9. *internal flailing* I am fangirl so hard right now! How am I still breathing? I couldn't stop grinning this whole post.

    Those pics though. *dies* I love them all! I want to hug them all! Well. . . I don't know if I want to be that close to Peter.

    I love that answer for #11 though. So much truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D that makes me so happy!
      Yes, hug all of them but Peter, I wouldn't advise it he is against hugs.
      Ha ha thanks, I use Veggie Tales for everything. :)
      You're comments always make me smile.

      Delete
  10. This is my first time doing NaNoWriMo too! I like your advice, though, and will most likely heed it;)

    Add me? Username: LiteraryRaindrop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with it :)
      Oh, I guess I should've mentioned I'm not actually doing Nano.
      I would totally follow you if I was. :D

      Delete