2 Oct 2015

My Five Magic Spindles Entry

This post is long over due.
Partly due to my move, partly due to the fact that I have only written about 500 words in my story.
I like sharing snippets, but I don't have many to share. It is going somewhere, the ideas have arrived, and the world is forming.
I was freaking out a bit at first because it wasn't unfolding like my Beauty&Beast retelling. None of the character's were formed and it seemed generic, boring even.
No worries, it somehow fixed itself with a mix of coffee and prayer.
I now have a tentative outline in my mind ( I have a mind palace guys, it's safe)









Mostly.

So, my entry is different and honestly I didn't like it at first. It was the only idea I had so I went with it. You can find a synopsis here Show and Tell
Along with a lot of other entrants stories and synopsis. Check them out!

My story, 'Kiss My Eyes' is about a 14 year old girl who has cancer and is facing an operation. The story itself is her fantasy world she creates. A tale that mirrors her own life.
There is a bit of gender bending, and a diverse cast of characters including an ogre boy, goblins, crazed fairies and a one very obstinate princess.
If anyone is interested in being Beta readers that would be awesome. Not for editing purposes, just for story input.
Here is one snippet.



"Rachel!"
I ignore the call from  Aden, my assumed friend. The assumption was his.
"Are you there?" I can tell by his tone that he has no intention of leaving.At least until he is rewarded with a response.
Which I am hesitant to give to the Jackanapes.
"No." I call back, "Go away."
"Ah, ha so you are there, Oh sullen princess." I hear scraping, he is probably attempting to climb the wall again.
I pull myself off my bed where I had been sulking, "Not sullen, imprisoned and cursed." I shout back.
His untrimmed head appears at my window, "Well than I shall have to break your curse with a kiss." He straddles the sill, and pursues his lips at me. His exaggerated motions sent him over the sill and onto the floor.
"Only a Prince's kiss will do, dolt." I spat, throwing my hair back saucily.- Kiss My Eyes

 





21 comments:

  1. Oh, its cute!!!! I love the title too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fascinating!! I would love to beta! Pick me! :D

    I hope it comes together well. I like the sound of the cast and Aden sounds hilarious! Also, I like how it's like a parallel world; those are always so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ashely, I pick you. :D
    You and me both. Aden is my favorite, he made me want to write it
    I'm glad you like it, I am trying to make it work. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P. S. -- I tagged you for a, uh, tag (what else? XD). It's the #WritersLife tag.

      http://ashleyg-inserttitlehere.blogspot.com/2015/10/writerslife-tag-scary-inner-workings-of.html#comment-form

      Delete
  4. I love this! It sounds so creative and fun! I would LOVE to be a beta reader. I really hope you win (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I am so happy that you want to read it.
      Dawww, that is so nice of you to say.
      <3

      Delete
  5. Innnnteresting! I'm glad you're writing more of it and that you have an idea of where it's going to go now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too I was really worried about it.
      :D

      Delete
  6. Oh, this sounds very intriguing! :) I'd totally Beta-read for you, if you are still looking for people! Just lemme know... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, That's great, most definitely. I like to get as many people as I can.
      Sure thing <3

      Delete
  7. Your story description is so interesting, and that snippet was adorable! I am so curious about your story now, and I would love to beta read for you if you would like! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D
      That's great I will add you to the list.

      Delete
  8. Your mind palace seems very interesting. Mine is just a desk that has way too much information piled on top of it. It takes me hours to find something. XD
    "Kiss My Eyes" sounds like such a wonderful story! The synopsis sounds great and something I'd love to read, but I am absolutely swamped with my classes and wouldn't give great feedback other than very loud Internet fangirl squeals anyway. I utterly adore that last snippet, SO ADORABLE.
    One question though, I'm kinda confused on the genre of your story. Is it a fantasy or contemporary? Or a mix of both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine tends to misplace a lot of information as well. I'm lucky if I remember anything.
      Thanks! I'm glad you want to read it, I completely understand life can be crazy. I adore fangirl squealing, it's the best. :D That makes my day thanks.
      It's both I guess because parts are fantasy and parts are contemporary.

      Delete
  9. I feel like a mix of coffee and prayer will fix most things. :P
    Loved the snippet! Your writing never fails to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does,
      Omigoodness, thanks for saying that :D

      Delete
  10. HOW DID I FORGET TO COMMENT. I was SURE I commented on this post! >.<

    Well, here I am now. Love the banter! (I always love banter.) They seem rather opposite, which makes for great character conflict. ;)

    "Oh sullen princess." XD

    I'd love to beta, I just can't promise timely responses. Hours are increasing at work to almost full-time over winter. But do send it my way and I'll see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :) it happens.
      Thank you, I love writing banter, they are so opposite.
      :D She is so very sullen.
      Awesome, and no worries my responses to yours was anything but timely. You just taking time to read it makes me happy. I understand work, can be overwhelming. Thanks! I will add you to the list, I am going to send out the first chapter as soon as I edit it, Which probably won't be for a bit yet.

      Delete
  11. LOOOOOOVE the snippet!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete