10 Nov 2015

Beautiful Books #2// The Process


    So it's time for the second round of Beautiful Books, a link up hosted by Cait and Sky who I would suggest following as they will make your blogging experience both funny and enjoyable.






Now for the questions. I'm going to use 'Kiss My Eyes' because that is the one that is causing me the most stress

1. Is the book turning out how you thought it would be, or is it defying your expectations?

It has definitely taking some turns I wasn't expecting, and some of the character's just went off on their own, so I would say it's surprising me.

2.What’s your first sentence (or paragraph)?


                                                                         
There was an unexpected guest at my birth, that guest was a maligned tumor.

3.  Are you a plotter or a pantser? Have you ever tried both methods and how did it turn out?

Definitely a panster, I get vague ideas of where I want the story to go, and I wing it from there. It's more fun.

4. What do you reward yourself with after meeting a goal?

Coffee and Pinterest, and maybe some video games.

5. What do you look for in a name? Do you have themes and where do you find your names?

Sound and feel always seem to come first, I do like to look up meanings and origins. I make up my own names sometimes.

6. What is your favourite to write: beginning, middle, or end -- and why?

End, the words start to fly at the end, it's like I get a second wind. I finish it, and then I flop around for the next two years and do nothing.

7. Who’s your current favourite character in your novel?
  

*sheepish smile* My Goblin King, who's part is almost over and he still doesn't have a name. He is scary, creepy, and intriguing. I have a soft spot for him.

 


 







8.What kind of things have you researched for this project, and how do you go about researching? (What’s the weirdest thing you’ve researched?!)

Weirdest was probably synonyms for the word 'hiss' I was abusing it. I also researched alot about castle walls, layouts, and what they were made of.

9. Do you write better alone or with others? Do you share your work or prefer to keep it to yourself?

Probably better alone, but I tend to plant myself where there are people or things going on. Like the kitchen table or the couch.

10. What are your writing habits? Is there a specific snack you eat? Do you listen to music? What time of day do you write best? Feel free to show us a picture of your writing space!

 I eat anything I can get my hands on, tons of tea and coffee too. I write best as soon as I wake up and before noon. I sometimes need silence, but most often I listen to music. A strange blend of techno, pop, rock, heavy metal/ scremo, country, and soundtracks, almost every genre really.

This song has been perfect for my Goblins.

 


 

18 comments:

  1. Loved the song - I can totally picture goblins as I listen.
    I've definitely gone and looked up synonyms for words before. It's always the worst when I end up using one word WAY too much but can't think of a better way to say things. :p
    Keep writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great song :)
      I do it way too much, I'm like where is your creativity, Skye.
      I will thanks.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE when the writing takes unexpected turns. It's more fun that way. ;)

    The Goblin King O_o He sounds creepy. I can't wait to read him!

    Abusing the word "hiss." I know what you mean. I abuse pointless adverbs all the time. Like "just" and "very." And I'm always using "but" as a transition word. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it takes on a life of it's own.
      He is a creep, I just hope he isn't too creepy. :)
      It's a hard habit to break.

      Delete
  3. I always have soft spots for my psychotic characters too. xD They're just so fun to write, eh?!? And zomg I write best early in the morning too! WE ARE TWINS. Okay, well, I don't write as early as I used to because I sacrificed my writing early to go running early. PFFT> The sacrifices one must make. *collapses because boo* But once I wrote like 5K before breakfast so THAT was an accomplishment. XD Now I mostly write before lunch. And at night. Although when I write at night it sounds like a drunk penguin. -_- Ahem. Am I rambling? I'M TOTALLY RAMBLING.
    I'm totally intrigued by this glorious sounding book! :D
    I totally loved reading this, Skye!! And thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best, omigoodness definitely twins. :D
      Good for you, I wish I could run. That is awesome, before breakfast, I think I should try to do that. I do tend to use food as my motivation. When I try to write at night, I seem like a drunk peguin too, I reread it the next morning, and it makes no sense.
      You are, but I love it, ramble away. Your rambles are hilarious.
      Thank you, so much Cait, it means a lot that you like it.
      :D

      Delete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who eats a lot while writing, or drinks a lot of tea. I don't think I'd be able to write without my tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm surprised more people don't eat a lot. It puts me in a better mood to write, and I swear tea is infused with words.

      Delete
  5. Oooh, looking forward to meeting that Goblin King. ;)
    I find pet words all over the place too! And then I search my Word doc for them and find a bazillion. :P
    Keep writing, Skye--you`re doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like him :)
      It's one of ,y weak points I tend to reuse words all the time.
      I will, thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. Oh man I love the Glitch Mob so much! I'd forgotten how much I love them, and now I'm both listening to them AND writing! Thanks for being so inspiring, man! :D My pet word is probably a pet phrase, I think! Like, I just love writing about people clenching their fists, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are so good. Awesome, I'm glad your inspired. Write away!!
      Clenching fists is awesome.

      Delete
    2. I just remembered my story that took place in space! Remember how much people would raise their eyebrows? I feel like I even made my vulture raise her eyebrow once, but...vultures don't even have eyebrows, hahaha. GOOD MEMORIES.

      Delete
    3. I remember that vulture, omigoodness that is hilarious!

      Delete
  7. Wanted to let you know that the story vote is over and the winner is up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am finally reading November posts (because NaNo) :)
    What video games are you currently playing?
    Goblins are awesome and tea is most certainly infused with words! Have you ever read the Hollow Kingdom Trilogy? (Clare Dunkle) They have one of the more interesting takes on goblins that I've come across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am behind on blogs too :)
      Halo,Zelda Skyward Sword, and Minecraft so a good mix really.
      I agree the world needs more Goblins. No, I haven't but I have heard of it and really want to!

      Delete