13 Dec 2015

Beautiful Books #3 The Editing Process

I can finally do this, because I finally finished 'Kiss My Eyes' I went from loving it to wanting to walk to Mordor and 'cast it into the fiery chasm from whence it came.'

So Beautiful Books is a link up hosted by Cait@PaperFury and Sky and it's a
blast.

1. On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best), how did the book turn out? Did anything defy your expectations?

    Prehaps this isn't the best time for me to be doing this I still haven't caught up on sleep. Ummm, maybe a 5 and that is fairly optimistic.

2.Comparative title time: what published books, movies, or TV shows are like your book? (Ex: Inkheart meets X-Men.)

     This is hard, it's very fairy tale. I paid homage to 'Maleficent' and that is all I can think of.


3.Do you enjoy working with deadlines and pressure (aka NaNoWriMo)? Or do you prefer to write-as-you’re-inspired?

     This book was for the Roogle Wood Press contest, so the deadline was always in my mind, it definitely makes me write faster, but I'm not sure I like it.

4. How do you go about editing? Give us an insight into your editing process.

     Read it out loud till I hate it, eat, cry and repeat.

5. What aspect of your story needs the most work?  
     
      Pacing, plotting, all if it?



6.What aspect of your story did you love the most?

     My characters I always love my characters. Little devils.

7. Give us a brief run down on your main characters and how you think they turned out. Do you think they’ll need changes in edits?

     Well there is Rachel, the fourteen year old cancer patient, and Rachel her fantasy counterpart who is a cursed Princess. Then there is Aden a mixed blood who is half ogre and her supposed friend.Throw in a temperamental Goblin King, an alcoholic father, and a not so devious fairy. Who sees his curses as blessings. They probably all could use some polishing, but I will be to lazy to change anything.

8. What are your plans for this novel once you finish editing? More edits? Finding beta readers? Querying? Self-publishing? Hiding it in a dark hole forever?

      I am going to send it in to the judges, and if I win, it would be published in 'The Five Magic Spindles' collection. If  I don't win, I think I would publish it as an e book.  

9.Share a favourite snippet!

      "If you drop me-"
      "You'll have me executed, " He guessed, his grin fixed and wicked.
      "Of course, something painful and slow. A simple beheading would be far too good for you." I mused, standing taller, in order to meet his eyes.
      "Drawn and quartered," He suggested.
      "Roasted on a spit, I've heard fried ogre is a delicacy."
      "Rumors of course our skin is far too tough, and our skulls to thick." He said a glint in his dark eyes.
      I held out my hand, "Shall we."


 10.What are your writing goals and plans for 2016?

I would like to finish the first draft of Bleeding Roses, my untitled Zombie story, and The Unhappening. I also need to edit and rewrite two of my finished books.
   
     
 

8 comments:

  1. You finished!!! Hurray!!!! :D :D :D You've been working so hard on this thing. I'm thrilled for you!

    Maleficent, yesss. I did the same thing last year, even though the contest was for Beauty and the Beast. But I loved the Maleficent world and tried to make Burning Thorns a lot like it. Gah! I just love that movie.

    Your editing process. XD So true. Editing...ugh.

    Your charries sound so fascinating, and I adored the snippet! This story sounds too much fun. I so hope you win! Rooting you on all the way! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's finally done!I'm so relieved, Thanks Christine.
      The movie is amazing,now that I'm thinking about it, I definitely got a Maleficent vibe in your story, I love Burning Thorns. You really captured the feeling of it.

      I wish it wasn't but ya.I hate editing.

      Thank you, and really that is so sweet. It would be nice, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. <3

      Delete
  2. Omg good luck for the contest!! Your story sounds GREAT...and I totally relate to your editing process. IT takes me months and months to edit and most of that is just me sitting around crying and despairing. xD hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait, I hope the judges think so. Editing is the bane of my writing existence. I always have to get a second person to help me with it.

      Delete
  3. *internal flailing*

    I did finish reading it. In case you wanted to know. The characters! I love them all to pieces. A and R are sooo shippable especially in that snippet you gave and the very very end. I was grinning so huge when I read that. :D

    Um, when is your deadline? Or is it already past? Because I know I'm very late and I don't know when you need edits or don't need edits or I just don't know ANYTHING, I guess.

    All in all, fantastic! I love it. And I hope you write the Goblin King his own stand alone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you did, I hoped you liked it, I mean I didn't add Prince Will in after all, and some things didn't happen how I envisioned them. That is all I ever want for my characters to have good enough chemistry that readers will ship them :D

      I'm going to try to send it out in the next few days, I am still piddling along with edits so your not to late. If you had anything you wanted to point out or mention go for it. Ha ha, I feel the same way.

      *Beams* Thank you so much. I really want to, I think I kinda have to now. I am kinda entranced myself by him.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I like the sound of this a lot!
    And I totally feel you with the editing thing! I know a few writers who like to edit (and even I like to, to a point), but it mostly makes me want to chuck my manuscript at the wall and eat a whole cake.

    Good luck with the contest!!

    Your Goblin King really intrigues me :) I'd like to read more about him too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I believe I have consumed a whole pie once due to editing.
      Thanks again, I'm trying to remain optimistic about it :)
      I was hoping people would like the sound of him. He is quite enigmatic.

      Delete