5 Feb 2016

Beautiful People #15 ~ Valentine's Edtion


Look even the writing is all girly and blegh. Sorry, as a self proclaimed hater of Valentine's day I cannot bear all the red and pink things floating around, except for the chocolate. I love the chocolate, the day after Valentine's Day is the best day. Because CHEAP CHOCOLATE!

hmm... sorry.

This is a link up hosted by the real beautiful people, we have the precious, precarious, pineapple Cait and the inspiring, fangirling, always wonderful Sky 

So I was going to do a couple I swear I was, but I decided, just now really. That I'm going to do My Goblin King, and the poor girl he stalks, then kidnaps to be his queen. Yes, I took the Valentine's love thing and flipped it on it's head. Yes, I really just wanted an excuse to use multiple Jareth gifs, judge me if you must. In light of Bowie's recent passing I thought it was fitting.

1.How did they first meet?

 * Glinting smile*
She wished for me, she wanted to make a bargain. 

I did nothing of the sort, I didn't even know who he was, or where he came from.


 She loves to tease me.

No, I don't! I don't even know you!

Trivialties

2.What were their first impressions of each other?

Terror, pure terror. In-fact, I am still feeling pretty terrorized.


 








Your going to give a bad impression of me, dearest.

You do that well enough yourself! Did you know he kidnaps babies as well. I mean kidnapping me was bad enough, but children!

Unwanted children, so I guess you could say I'm their caretaker.

You turn them into Goblins!

Only the ugly ones.


3. How long have they been a couple?

We aren't, there is nothing more to it. *Angry huff*

 We have hit some snags in that area, she is being stubborn. She has refused every one of my proposals.

Of course I have! What loon would accept.

You will come around.

I most certainly will not!

4.How committed/loyal are they to each other? Would they break up over a secret or a disagreement? Could stress drive them apart? Would they die for each other?

I have sacrificed a lot for her already. My sanity being one of them, she is constantly asking me to go home. I can handle most anything, but whining and tears. Oh, the tears, what do they help. They make you drip, what's worse than being miserable and dripping.

See how monstrous he is. He expects me to just accept that he took me away from everything, and live happily in the hole he calls home. I would gladly kill him, if I could get a hold of a weapon.

 I suppose that answers the question of if I would die for her, she has already wounded me.

 
 Good you deserve it, and I'm not the least bit sorry.

5.List 5 “food quirks” they know about each other. (Ex: how they take their coffee, if they’re allergic to something, etc….and feel free to mention other non-food quirks!)

I have never seen him eat, I imagine he drinks blood and gnaws the bones of his victims

 
 Nothing so beast like I assure you, she refuses to eat anything, I offer her.

It could be poison or something worse.

What a waste that would be.


6.  Does anyone disapprove of their relationship?

Besides me, my parents, the entire Kingdom, I'm sure there is a law or something.


See how quickly she denies our  love.

Hate would be a far more appropriate word.

 7.  What would be an ideal date?

 *Indignant" The day he comes out of his fantasy, and brings me home.

 Lunch perhaps, in the Crystal Caverns, or a dance.

Not going to happen!

 

8.What are their personality dynamics? Similar? Contrasting? Do they fight a lot or mesh perfectly?

We have nothing in common, he is deluded.



I like to think we are similar in more ways than one, we are both stubborn.

 9. What have been their best and worst moments together as a couple?

For the last time, we are not a couple. His company has been forced upon me for about a week, and all of that time has been horrible.

I must admit, she was far more fun when she didn't know I existed. She has been rather rude and ungrateful since, I took it upon myself to make her a queen.





10. Where do they see themselves and their relationship in the next few years?

 Reigning happily, I'm sure she will accept my offer eventually.

Home, home and nowhere near him.

  
  Well I hope you all like this, umm sorry he is such a creep. He is very much a villain, and no there is not going to be some kind of weird Stockholm ish relationship between them, it's very one sided. 
  




20 comments:

  1. I love this. :D Makes me interested in your Goblin King and that story! All the dialog your characters have is always great. XD Also what movie are the gifs from, again, because I think I need to see it... o.o

    I'm working on my BP post--I'm going to do Teague and Meridian. :D

    Also, YES!!! Cheap chocolate the day after Valentine's Day! I've never been super for or against Vday, I just don't really care much... EXCEPT for the chocolate, because it goes on sale and then people get it for me for my birthday. XD It's kinda great...

    Loved this post! Great characters, answers, and gifs! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm always so nervous to share my writing and characters. It's from Labyrinth, it's an eighties musical.

      *Incoherent sounds* I can't wait love those two!

      One of the best things besides free chocolate.

      Aww your too sweet. :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh I adore their arguments! These characters have such vibrant voices and I look forward to hearing more about their conflict. Also, fantastic gif usage! And I totally second buying chocolate after Valentine's Day XD XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to know they play off each other well.
      :D
      I'm going to make a chocolate stash.

      Delete
  3. CHEAP CHOCOLATE. ALL THE YES!

    Ha, this was interesting. Not something I expected from a couples prompt, but way for being creative with it. I enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!One of the great things in life.

      I wasn't expecting it either really, :D
      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Ah! Love this!

    Okay, so the her is Rachel, right?

    "What's worse than being miserable and dripping." XD I think that was my favorite part. But yeah, he is rather villainous and deluded. :P I'm glad there's not going to be any Stockholm syndrome. Though I wouldn't think Rachel would ever, ever give into it. She's way too stubborn.

    All the same, he has a distinct voice. I like that. And I didn't know the Goblin King could dance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Actually this is a different girl, it's kinda from his story. Most of my characters seen to be. :D Yea, Rachel wouldn't have it, neither does this girl, though I think she pities him a bit.

      Ya, apparently, he is a fan of ballroom dancing. :)

      Delete
  5. Omg you really don't like Valentine's Day XDDX (Okay confession: I'm not a romance fan either, hehe, buuuut as a writer I do have a weakness for shipping. :P) ANYWAY. SO THIS WAS GREAT. They seem like really dynamic complex characters to write about, eh!?!? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't full out hate it or anything. OMG, me too I ship so many things for not being a romance fan. Thank you so much, they're a hassle. :D

      Delete
  6. LOL I love this twist on the prompt!! XD Also, conversation that goes back and forth like that is the best, although I struggle with it sometime. /beautiful characters/ wonderful job. :)

    ~Caroline @ carolinemeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :D
    I was really worried, that nobody would like it.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word. This is HILARIOUS. Are these your characters from your Rooglewood entry? You make the BEST charries. This is just too great. I love reading your BP posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm glad you think so!
      Yes, well the Goblin king is, the girl is new I am thinking of writing him his own story.
      Your so sweet!
      :)

      Delete
  9. What's Valentine's Day - do you mean Halloween 2.0? (That's what I always called it growing up - costumes, candy, excessive marketing by Hallmark, and people acting abnormally= Halloween 2.0) I always say that because I was "supposed" to be born on the 14th, and wasn't, that I'm the least romantic person around ;P
    That being said, I loved this! It cracked me up and your characters' voices came through so well :) I would definitely be interested in reading more about them. (Especially that Goblin King). And I second the excellent use of Jareth gifs ;) Bravo!
    (Ironically, I did something a little similar for my Beautiful People, down to the character interview)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it basically is Halloween to me, a day for me to wear black and eat chocolate. I am the least romantic person, I know and it bothers my friends and family far more than me. :D
      Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed them. He is getting his own story, so hopefully he will have more posts as well.
      I loved yours, brilliant put mine to shame really.

      Delete
  10. This is hilarious and awesome and I love it! I just watched Labyrinth for the first time in my life, only a few months ago. Shame on me! I have always loved Bowie, though, and my heart broken last month.

    Sierra @ Sierra & the Quest to Write Everything

    My BP post (it won't let me link you, sorry): http://www.sierraabrams.com/2016/02/beautiful-people-valentines-edition.html#.Vr5kmvkrLIU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Labyrinth, I was only introduced to it a few years ago. It was very sad to lose him.

      No problem, I will definitely check it out :D

      Delete
  11. Hehe, this is awesome! "I have sacrificed a lot for her already. My sanity being one of them." My favorite line <3


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He he, he is a piece of work <3

      Delete