3 May 2016

The State of My Heath and The X Files

Since I prematurely published a post, I thought I better post a real one tonight to make up for it.

I`m back!





I rested which was actually nice. I felt guilty sure, but I did it anyways. My family caught the stomach bug, and I was sick for a week so I started binge watching the X Files. My parents think it`s funny that I am enamored with a show they used to watch. They also think I`m weird, because now I quote it all the time. I am basically Mulder.






I have no social life, and I don`t care enough to do anything about it. I have people I could call, but I prefer binge watching shows and eating pickles.


 After that flu was over with I had about three days of  health, before I started getting a cold. My immune system is crap, but that is nothing new. I have had health issues all my life, when I was younger I got horrible migraines and stomach aches, turned out to be caused by food allergies. I am allergic to dairy, wheat, peanuts, and the whole human race. Erhm I mean pollen.

The food ones aren`t horrible, so I have gone on various diets, but always went back to eating everything. This year I didn`t bounce back like I used to, I got super run down. I felt horrible, I had one of those moments, where I knew I had to change this. So long story short, I am now on a somewhat Paleo diet, I allow myself my few vices sugar in the form of pop, chips, and sour patch kids. Mostly I have been eating pretty healthy, and feeling better for it.


 To add to my sickness however, my pollen allergies came with the spring, ever since I was twelve I have had small to severe reactions to pollen. One of the worst I ever had started as a bunch of bumps on my fingers which then spread to my face and it swelled up to what my Dad swears was similar to a pumpkin. My throat closed up, I got to the hospital in time, but it was still one of the scariest moments of my life. That was a severe reaction, most times my eyes swell, tongue itches, which warns me that my throat might close, so I take Benadryl. I didn`t get an Epi Pen til last year.

I`m like Gansey guys!! ( kudos to whoever gets that reference)

It would be nice to say I grew out of this allergy, but I seem to have one almost every year. I reacted badly to our Christmas Tree one year, and ended up with a scaly rash up both arms and my face. Nothing like spending Christmas in the E.R. I usually have to take steroids to deal with the hives.



You might be wandering why I am suddenly bring all of this up, it`s not to complain. I am so used to my allergies now, that they are just a part of life to me now. It`s just to help explain what`s going with me at the present. My dad and I went kayaking on the lake, it was lots of fun and I hope to do it again this summer, but a lot of water splashed on me and I was wearing pants, simply because I had no shorts, and now I have those itchy hives all over my legs.



They haven`t spread yet, so I am hoping they just go away. In other words life is steadily improving.

Thanks for hanging in there!






10 comments:

  1. You said "Epi Pen" and I thought "GANSEY!"

    *cough*

    Eck, it must stink to be so allergy to things. :P (Sour patch kids are the best way to have sugar/ rebel. Just saying.) Especially if you're allergic to a Christmas tree. BUT I am glad you are back and starting to feel better. Take a break/rest is a good thing from time to time. :)

    I've never seen the X-Files but now I'm kinda curious and think I ought to watch it now. My parents think I'm a little weird too. My mom saw that I was reading The Dream Thieves and was "You read weird books now." But she doesn't really like anything that's fantasy or sci-fi or. . . not normal. Aka: what I read and write. A bit awkward.

    I'm excited that you're back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, this is why you are my favorite.
      :D

      It does, but you get used to it. Sour patches are the best things. I missed blogging a lot.

      It`s pretty funny with some creepy moments. Mulder and Sculley have this friendship that doesn`t exist in nowadays television. Your mom sounds excatly like my mom, she generally doesn`t like any of my books or movies.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, Skye! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. As someone who has a lot of health problems and has a brother who's allergic to basically every food in existence, I know how difficult it can be.

    Never, ever feel guilty for resting and recuperating when you need to. Don't push yourself. Sometimes we NEED a break. That is fine.

    I'm glad to hear life is improving at least a little. I hope it continues to. *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be worse, but thanks for caring! :D It`s nice to have someone who understands.

      I have issues with that, but I`m working on it. Taking a break was just what I needed.

      So far it`s been going good. *Hugs*

      Delete
  3. Aw man allergies are the worst! I'm glad that things are getting better now, and I hope that they continue to improve! I loved all the gifs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, their not much fun. Thanks, me too.
      :D

      Delete
  4. Aw, that's awefull! I'm glad you're feeling better now!

    Hang in there!

    One time I had a horridly annoying cough that lasted almost 2 months, and ever since then I've had something similar to bronchitis at least once a year, sometimes more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Sounds horrible funny how stiff like that works.

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's a lot going on! Glad you're back though! And I hope things continue to improve for you. :)

    LOL, I love all your gifs. And I definitely make that face when I panic too.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be back, things have calmed down.

      Don't we all :D

      Delete