19 Dec 2016

Yet Another Update


     I have been meaning to write a post for a long time now. I have been busier than I have ever been in my life, these last months are a cloud of stress and exhaustion. Physically and Mentally I have been simply overwhelmed to the point where writing an email, or commenting on a blog post were too much. I think the only things I have been even slightly active on this month were Pinterest and Instagram, because of course.
     
      It's probably time to catch you guys up, I made some pretty big decisions last month. I feel like I say that every month. I digress, this time is the real deal. I have moved... again. This time is a little different, I have no security blanket, my younger cousin and I moved out together. My parents are going to cover the rent until we are on our feet, but it's my first time living in my own place, I have to budget, cook, and take care of the house. As well as keep an eye on two of my younger sisters.

      I am loving it so far, we live in the middle of nowhere. We can't even get Wi fi. So if you don't hear from me, it's because I am only able to use our hotspot at odd hours. We are having water issues, and it's in the negatives in regards to weather. Despite all that, I think this is a chance for me to push myself out of my comfort zone.
     
       I have to get my license, whether I feel like it or not. I have to go shopping, even though my introverted self wants to stay in the house and avoid human contact forever. I have to deal with things, like stuck cars, appointments, and bills. These are all good things, one of biggest complaints last year was that I wasn't independent.
     
       I also had no way of changing it, because taking that first step always terrified me. I had to get a literal push out the door. God has been teaching me so many things this month. I just hope this peace I have about everything lasts.

18 comments:

  1. Congrats! And I hope it goes well! That sounds exciting and nerve-racking at the same time. I would be super scared too. But at the same time I can't wait until I can be officially independent and live on my own. *bites nails* (Then I'll probably be like Adam Parrish. You know, It was nothing, but it was Adam's nothing. How he loved and hated it. XD)

    You're going to do awesome! (I believe in you, if that counts for anything.) Don't think of it as things that you have to do. Or just as getting out of your comfort zone. Think of it as an adventure! You know, like when Bilbo Baggins runs out of his hobbit hole with the contract flying in his hands and he says "I'm going on an adventure!" You've got this! ;)

    I actually woke up this morning wondering how you were doing. So I'll probably email you soon. And I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope so too! It has been. I feel just like Adam!!!
      I appreciate the Raven Boy's reference.

      That counts for a lot actually, I think I am going to try that. Everything worked out for Bilbo... sorta :D

      That's so sweet, yay I love getting emails!!
      Thanks for the prayers.
      <3

      Delete
  2. thats a huge change wow. Im glad you're enjoying it. it sounds like an adventure. lol.

    Gods got your back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it is, it has been one so far! :D
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! O_O I hope that all goes well for you! I'm a nervous introvert too... so this sounds terrifying to me. XD But I'm glad you're excited about it, even in the exhaustion and stress--I hope those will quiet down for you! *hugs* Good for you for being brave and Adulting and all of the things. Sending prayers your way! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a lot! Glad I'm not alone, it is a little terrifying.I feel like I am finally moving forward. Me too *hugs* Thanks Deb!
      I need all the prayers I can get. <3

      Delete
  4. I'm right there with you feeling mentally overwhelmed! For a bit there, I, too, had the hardest time even answering a blog comment. I'm feeling a bit better now, but I'm trying to continue to rest and rejuvenate.

    I hate you've been feeling overwhelmed! But WOW. What a change you're going through. I am so in awe of you for taking that step! I'm also a little bummed about the lack of independence I have. But, yes, getting out there is scary. So I am so proud of you for taking this huge step!!

    I will be praying for you with this new page in your life. But it sounds like you're rocking it! GO, SKYE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rough, I am glad you are feeling better. Rest does wonders.

      Aww thanks for the concern. It's been in short supply lately.
      It's a huge step, but I'm glad I took it. God has been helping me through, and blessing me.

      THANK YOU so much Christine. You always make me feel so encouraged!

      Delete
  5. Oooh moving out is very exciting and also scary! I hope that it goes well and that the change continues to be a good one. Having more independence was definitely a good change for me when I moved out, but it was also a steep learning curve!
    Hope you have a very merry Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but it's also very liberating. I am loving the independence!
      I did, thank you!
      :D

      Delete
  6. Wow that's all really huge!! I hope you do okay and don't get too overwhelmed or unhappy with all the massive changes. *sends encouraging cake* GOOD LUCK YOU BRAVE AND ADMIRABLE SOUL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D it is! Me too, I hope I can deal with it all! I appreciate the cake, thank you Cait, you lovely person you!

      Delete
  7. Wow. That is exciting yet terrifying I am sure. Hope your new chapter will go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya,I have so many conflicted emotions. Me too!

      Delete
  8. So nice to hear from you and congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone! Sounds scary, but I'm praying things will go well! :D

    I've been thinking about moving out lately too. A year ago, my best friends moved out on their own, I've been to visit them a bunch of times since then, and we've talked about me moving in with them. It's a terrifying step, but I really think that, probably sometime within the next year, I'll end up taking it. :)

    Praying that your peace does last and things go well!


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a big step, it felt like falling for a bit!

      If you feel like it's the time. I highly recommended it, after doing it I really wish I had maybe tried sooner.

      :D Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear things are going well for you!! <3

    ReplyDelete