6 Mar 2017

Blank Pages

I feel like my life is made up of  empty notebooks, sketchbooks, and promises

I try to write it out, draw it, and express it, but it never comes out right. The words are never enough, the picture never clear, it just mixes into a jumble of splattered ink and paint.

So instead of making art. I plan, collect, and listen to it. I just never make it.

I stare at my stacks of empty notebooks and sketchbooks, wishing I could paint them with the pictures in my mind. Wish, I could articulate my point of view. Make something memorable, something to prove, I haven't wasted my time or my life. 

Because if I don't break the cycle. This is all I will leave behind...

Blank Pages

4 comments:

  1. I like this. There are so many things I want to create but I feel like I'm not talented or skilled enough to do so. Like I have to work on all these smaller projects to be ready to take on other projects that I want to make magnificent.

    Or I just sit and do nothing about it because if seems useless.

    So this post is motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always talk myself out of doing things because I convince myself, I'm not ready to do it.

      Avoiding the problem, I do that too!

      Good, that was what I was going for.

      :D

      Delete
  2. I feel this way a lot, especially when it comes to drawing. The picture on the page never matches up to what I had in mind... but I keep practicing, hoping that someday, I'll be able to make something amazing.

    Also, I think your blog is proof that you haven't wasted your life. You've got pages and pages of beautiful, thoughtful posts, including this one, which actually inspired me to make sure I drew today and everyday until I get it right. :) So thank you for that! <3


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every artist deals with that. I think that is the key though, the fact that you keep trying that is what will make you successful. I don't think I have seen any of your artwork, but your writing is amazing!

      Thank you so much! I honestly don't know what to say. Thanks for your beautiful words.<3

      I'm so glad it inspired you, go and make some beautiful art.

      Delete