31 May 2017

Roogle Word Press Contest

I know I'm not the only one who is getting excited for this writing contest. I can't wait to see which fairy tale we get to work with. It's also the last one, so that is pushing me to try even harder to make this one memorable. I would be lying if  I said I wasn't already coming up with a few different ideas, for a couple possible fairy tales.

I'm trying not to get to attached to them. I have one idea for 'A Little Mermaid' retelling that I really like, but I'm not sure which fairy tale will be chosen so I'm just brainstorming. I am going to try writing this entry in reverse, because in the past two contests the weakest part of my story tends to be the end. This is due to the fact that I am a pantster, and I plot nothing. I tend to rush the end, in order to be done in time. So I am going to try to remedy that, by possibly using an outline and being more disciplined.

I hope some of you are entering as well, because story swapping and editing each others work is one of the best parts. Also if you didn't enter in the previous years this is the your chance. Even if you don't win, you get a short story and possibly some helpful feedback. It's a win either way.

I am reading the Five Magic Spindles collection right now, it's got some really diverse and awesome stories in it. I am really enjoying it, all of the past writers are very talented, creative people.

Which fairy tale are you hoping for?




2 comments:

  1. Oh oh yay! I forgot about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too, and then I was like wait it's June!

      Delete