21 Jun 2017

Beta Readers Needed

It was Snow White after all which threw me for a big loop, let me tell you. I had the basic outline of a Little Mermaid story all sorted, but no matter just another story for another day.

I bounced back and forth with my ideas for a bit, which was worrying because with all the other contests I started writing as soon as it was announced. I have actually been outlining this time, which I'm sure won't last so don't get too excited. I'm going to try though, I really want to have a good ending. I feel since this is the last time I need to go out with a bang.

I even have a writing partner this time, shout out to you Elizabeth. Hopefully we can keep each other on track.

I have two ideas, and I have the crazy idea to enter both.You are allowed to enter more than once, and I mean twice the shot right. So I might do that, considering one I have already started, and the other is an idea that will probably need a month of research to accomplish.

If I can finish both I will do that, but if it's just one well then that is fine too. My two ides are very different from each other. One is set in a circus and Snow is a circus clown. Sounds stupid I know, but it has a fey element. The Pinterest board for it is here Falling Snow

The other one is set in a fantasy version of Japan and has Samurai and Geisha's. Also a pretty good twist if I do say so myself. That board is here The Geisha

Any way so, I realized I never did a beta call or anything. So consider this it, if any of you are interested. Even if you have never done it before, or grammar is not your thing. Comment if your interested. I like having lots of different kinds of feedback, it really helps me challenge myself.

If your doing the Five Poisoned Apples contest, let me know. I would be happy to return the favor.


16 comments:

  1. Hey Skye,
    I love retellings and would be interested in beta reading either of these. I enjoy reading new things, understand how Beta Reading works, have experience critiquing other peoples work and understand the in fantasy/retellings genre.
    If you want to get a hold of me, my email is marykated42@gmail.com
    Good luck with your stories!
    -Mary Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Kate,
      Awesome! I will be glad to have your imput.
      I'm not sure when I will be sending the first chapter, but hopefully sometime next week.
      Thank you!
      :D

      Delete
  2. Um, excuse me, but both of these ideas sound AMAZIIIING. O_O I'm especially interested in the circus one! I loooooove creepy circus stuff in stories. I don't know why, they're just so fun. And then add fey to it? Um, YES PLEASE!!!!!! But the Geisha one looks so epic and unique too. YOU COME UP WITH THE BEST IDEAS.

    I would looooove to beta for you! Life for me right now is...pretty chaotic and full. So I can't promise my beta-ing will be quick. But I still want to try and see if I have time. So sign me up! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm glad you think so!!! I love creepy circus's too, ever since I was little. I hope my fey are as cool as yours, *Looking at Larke* The Geisha one will be a challenge, but I really want to write it. THANKS, so do you!

      Really :D I understand that, my life is pretty crazy too. No problem, just knowing that you will be reading it is enough for me. No pressure at all. Sure thing!

      Delete
  3. I'm always willing to edit stuff! And even if you already have an editor or something, I want to read your stuff!!! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your honestly the first one on the list. I couldn't do this contest without you. I hope you like it.
      Sure thing.

      Delete
  4. *raises hand* *jumps up and down*

    I want to beta read this! Snow white as a circus clown sounds amazing and the Japanese one sounds awesome too! Totally go for it!

    So is it too late to sign up as a beta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried you would be to busy!
      Of course you can read it, I'm attempting too.
      Never too late!

      Delete
  5. I would LOVE to beta read for you again if you still need people. Both stories sound fabulous! Do you have my e-mail?
    xoxo
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Happy to have you! I hope they end up fabulous. Yup, I will add you to the list.
      <3

      Delete
  6. I knew you would come up with awesome ideas!
    I entered three stories one year. You see, that year, I guessed the contest (unlike this surprise of Snow White) so I wrote a story before it was even announced. Then the cover reveal inspired me and I wrote another one. Then, just before the deadline, I suddenly got an irresistible idea and stormed to the computer and sat up all night writing it. Of course, I couldn't choose which to send...so I sent all three.
    The cool thing is that, this year, every story you submit will get feedback from a judge. So it's worth it to send two stories if you have the time and money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I knew you were going to as well!
      Really that's amazing, I could barely finish one. The dedication you must have had.
      Did you get feedback on all three?
      I didn't think of that, but your right it will be worth it.

      Delete
  7. Hello, Skye. I've never been over here before, but I've seen your comments on different blogs for a while now, and I finally made the trek. If you'd like another beta reader, I should have plenty of time to help, at least for the time being. Even if I would become suddenly busy, I'd make sure to give you some feedback. You can reach me at patrickjstahl@yahoo.com (and my blog is at intotheravenousmaw.blogspot.com, by the way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, well thanks for visiting. Sure thing, I will add you to the list. I still haven't sent out the first chapter yet, but will be soon. Great, I will have to check your blog out.

      Delete
  8. These both sound fantastic but I'm in LOVE with The Geisha board. It's sheer brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hope I have time to do that one, because I think it will fit so well.

      Delete