7 Jun 2017

My Creative Process (Part 2)


 So I moved, which was stressful and terrible. I have better lighting here, so I am not complaining.
 This part is the fun part for me the first few strokes, it's like coloring in a coloring book that you created. It's a great feeling.
Sitting like this killed me by the way, I am old and felt it the next day. I don't know if you can see the Pepsi can sitting there, I drank half a case just that day. Caffeine gives me energy, it also made me jumpy.

 A lot of painting is just smearing random colors together on this thingy.
 You also have to stare at your picture for obscene amount of time.
Which sucks when it looks like this, I told my friend he looked like Handsome Squidward She looked it up and laughed her butt off.

 You also lie around a bit.
 It gets worse before it gets better, and I do fix his jawline, nose, and well everything
 Skin is a  mystery to me, I have no idea what I am doing.

The fumes get to you open a window, I get the munchies. I have to eat a lot while I paint. Which means I will never get to be a starving artist.


I also go a little nuts, I play music, I mumble to myself, it's weird.

 The next day, note the cushion, and coco puffs.
I was feeling a bit more hopeful this day.


 Sherlock was looking more like himself.
This is what he looks like now, this painting is going to take forever considering I am still just working on his face.
 It's fun though, with the added bonus of being an unpaid artist, who most people think is wasting her life away on a dream that is never going to happen, I digress.
 I hope if anything these post show you that you have to just push through the ugly and gross looking things to find some thing better. Also you don't need anything fancy to create. I use Walmart paint, and dollar store brushes.

8 comments:

  1. I like it. I recognized who it was right off the bat.

    -Mary Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better about it.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I'm adoring these posts. (And all the Skye posts appearing on my dashboard. It makes me happy! :D) I grinned so much reading this and part one. And then I DIED when you said he looks like Handsome Squidward. SKYE. XDDD But noooo, he's looking amaziiiiing!!! And I love your idea of doing a collage tribute. That's so exciting! :D Keep it up! I love your artwork! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always make my day! Ha ha, he really did at one point. Thank you so much :D
      I'm worried that I'm going to mess it up, but I am excited to try.
      I will! aasajshdbj, I can't with you! Thanks, I really needed to hear that!

      Delete
  3. just found your blog, but you are SO freakin talented! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, this is beautiful! Both you and the painting! When you wrote "I have to eat a lot while I paint" I definitely misread it as "I have to eat a lot of paint" at first lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! Omigoodness, that's great. Wonder if it would improve my art. XD

      Delete