12 Jul 2017

Beautiful People #26


Beautiful People is a link up hosted by the Queen of Cake and the Universe Cait and the Ever Amazing and Wonderful Bean that is Sky


I got to be honest when I realized this one was about the writer and not the character. I was like no. I'm not as fun or as interesting as my character, so I apologize if this is boring. 


1.How do you decide which project to work on?

Ummm... *awkward laughing* I don't 




2.How long does it usually take you to finish a project?

Ages, if I finish at all.


3.  Do you have any routines to put you in the writing mood?



Also music, and really high quality, well edited youtube videos.


4. What time of day do you write best?

Super early in the morning or ridiculously late at night. 

 
5. Are there any authors you think you have a similar style to?



I want to be like, oh so and so, but I don't know. I wish my writing was like Diana Wynne Jones or Maggie Stiefvater, I mean who doesn't.
I know it's not though, so if anyone has read my writing and you want to leave a comment of who you think I write like. I would really appreciate it.


6.  Why did you start writing, and why do you keep writing?

I have a story to tell, multiple stories in fact. I hope to help people through it ( my writing) because books got me through so much. 

I also think it has something to do with my poor communication skills.  



7.What’s the hardest thing you’ve written?

I really like this question. It's not a fun one to answer. I could take the easy way out and say oh, a fight scene, but to be honest those are easy. I have a hard time writing in general, but the hardest thing to write is emotion. Especially when your taking it from your own experience, it is like dipping a pen in a bleeding wound and writing with it. It's emotional and it's very hard. 


8. Is there a project you want to tackle someday but you don’t feel ready yet? 

I kinda already am, I am doing a Sherlock retelling and that is something I don't feel ready to do.

Others include an X- files esque murder mystery, a weird mix up of Stranger Things and The Hardy Boys, and a super dark Pan retelling. Just now realizing none of these ideas are original.





9. What writing goals did you make for 2017 and how are they going?


 I had a list of goals for writing on my wall, and have since ripped it off and burned it.You tell me.



 10. Describe your writing process in 3 words or a gif!

I like how I am now encouraged to use gifs, as if  I needed an excuse. 

Ta Da!

15 comments:

  1. These gifs were marvelous XD

    thefloridsword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was golden. You are the gif QUEEN. XD

    Coffee, contemplation, and music is TOTALLY my recipe for the writing mood as well! :D Nothing like coffee and music to get the creativity going!

    All your story ideas you listed sound amazing, just so you know! Like...SUPER totally epicly amazing!

    I loved learning more about your writing life! Don't even say blasphemous things like you're boring! NO. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! *bows, and then trips*

      They are like magic, I don't know why.

      I hope I can do them justice. :D

      Ha ha, thanks again. You're awesomer!

      Delete
  3. I will never tire of yournuse of gifs. Never. Also, it was rather enjoyable reading about you as a writer. And I'm really not sure who you write like, but they're good and brilliantly witty, whoever they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it, because I don't plan on stopping. Awe thanks, that is so sweet. I'm glad you think I'm Witty's. XD

      Delete
  4. My answers would be pretty similar, though I'm not much of a coffee person. The Writing Excuses podcast plus reading and watching tv and movies get me into the writing mood, if anything does. Also, deadlines. Imposing deadlines on yourself is hard, but it's possible. My deadline right now is basically just "you must write something every day."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a tea drinker, because that can work too. Movies and tv help a lot, I agree. I have tried that, but it's so hard to be consistent. That's a good goal actually, I may use that.

      Delete
    2. I like tea, but I'm really sensitive to caffeine most of the time. It'll keep me up even in small amounts sometimes.

      Delete
    3. That sucks, I couldn't live without caffeine.

      Delete
  5. I'm totally a coffee person, haha!

    I would sincerely appreciate it if you checked out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow as well! Excited to read more of your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best kind of person!

      I did, thanks for following too! Me too!
      :D

      Delete
  6. I just stumbled upon your blog, and I love it! It was awesome getting to learn more about you and your WIP! Awesome post.

    I'm a fellow writer who's new to blogging and book reviewing,and I was wondering if you had any tips for newbie bloggers.

    If you have the time, please check out my blog @breenysbooks. I'd love any feedback. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Nice to meet you! Just have fun, and be yourself.

      Sure thing.

      Delete
  7. AAAAAAAAHHHHH!

    I love this. Obviously. XD

    That last gif I think is my favorite. Also the one for #6, because yeah, that's probably why I write too. :/ And 7 because I'm trying to edit Oddball and I'm running through the forest of words with various degrees of "BEST DAY EVER!" and then "WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING?! HELP me, ANYONE!" *ahem*

    Oh gosh, and #1 I'm totally with you. That's like choosing you're favorite Avenger/ice-cream flavor/child. You just don't.

    A murder mystery series would be so awesome! I would read a murder mystery by you. That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete