My favorite link-up created by the blogging Queen's Cait and Sky
I love these things, because it lets me ramble about my books and characters. Something no-one usually wants to hear about, and maybe they still don't.
On to the questions!
1. Overall, how is your mental state, and how is your novel going?
I'm running on bitterness and coffee. I have six thousand words left in my first draft, it's going.
2. What’s your first sentence (or paragraph)?
I’m falling; The Mesmerizing Snow is falling. That is, of course, what snow tends to do. I saw the irony, even as I made another failed attempt for the bar.
3.Who’s your current favorite character in your novel?
Cynfael, my Prince Charming.
He came into existence with a fully established backstory and nuances I didn't expect. It was fun to see peoples reaction to him, as he is rather creepy. I get to see him from an entirely different perspective.
4. What do you love about your novel so far?
The characters and circus setting.
5. Have you made any hilarious typos or other mistakes?
I would write something and then move it, but forget to delete it from where it used to be. Resulting in lots of double sentences.
6.What is your favorite to write: beginning, middle, or end — and why?
The end, for that amazing feeling you get before you start editing.
7. What are your writing habits? Is there a specific snack you eat? Do you listen to music? What time of day do you write best? Feel free to show us a picture of your writing space!
Chips or sour patch kids. Music really helps me envision my story. Afternoons.
8. How private are you about your novel while you’re writing? Do you need a cheer squad or do you work alone (like, ahem, Batman)?
I grew out of the 'my novel is top secret stage', if someone wants to to talk about it, I will. I have done it both ways. Both work.
9. What keeps you writing even when it’s hard?
My favorite authors, books, and a need to create.
10. What are your top 3 pieces of writing advice?
Write what you like.
Don't be defensive about your writing, criticism will help you improve.
You have to finish.