This is a brand new tag, guys!
Created by the amazing Deborah O' Carroll who has an equally wonderful blog! I suggest following immediately. You won't regret it!
1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Share the picture
3. Answer the questions
4. Tag 3 other writers and inform them you have (You're allowed to use carrier pigeon if preferred)
1. Dust-bunnies and Plot-bunnies: Reorganize Your Writing Goals (Or Make New Ones)
I feel most of my bunnies are more dust than plot.
I have some that have been on my writing to do list and I have gotten nowhere with them but I refuse to take them off because I am stubborn. I don't think I've made any official writing goals this year, but now seems like the perfect time.
I have about 13 ideas that are either wips, finished first drafts, need to be finished, or in editing stages. Then about ten that are just ideas.
My main at the moment are.
1. Cynfael's story (Falling Snow's sequel)
2. First draft of Sherlock Holmes Retelling
3. Lengthen 'Bleeding Roses' (My Beauty & the Beast retelling)
4. Edit and rewrite 'Shadow of Doubt' (My first book)
5. Edit and rewrite 'The Calm Before the Storm' (Its sequel they are both awful and need a lot of work)
6. First draft of 'The Unhappening' ( My passion project which is a glorious mess of fairy tales and sass and has no plot)
7. First draft of A Ghost Story ( This is an old story of mine, I'm trying to fix it)
2. Which Stage Are You At? Expound!
a. Remodeling layouts (planning the story)I am not very good at focusing on one thing. So 'e' it's always 'e'
b. Painting the walls in colorful hues (writing)
c. Polishing the windows and scrubbing the floors and putting flowers in vases (editing)
d. Blueprints (not to the cleaning or remodeling yet… just drawing up plans for the very beginning inklings of a story)
e. Some combination of those things (cleaning out a closet)
Every story is in a different stage at all times. I also never only do one at once, which is probably why I will never be successful, but I digress.
3. Treasure From the Back of the Closet (Share one to three snippets you love!)
Is it time to admit that I hate my own writing with a passion. I will share, but with great reluctance.
This is my newest one from Cynfael's story. ( I haven't forgotten your tag Mary Katherine, I just have yet to write seven pages of it.)
Chayse was burning his prison down. I envied him. The fact that he could simply burn away his mother’s entanglements, reducing an empire to ashes as if it had been built of paper. If only mine were as easy to burn. I could feel the necklace hidden away in my coat pocket. The blood coated pearls could buy my freedom. I couldn’t run, I would have to settle for retribution. - Cynfael
Here is a random one from 'The Unhappening' because I seem to be writing it out of order.
“How are you?” I asked knowing full well he wasn’t having a good day.
He glanced at me. “Delightful,” he mummered, pulling on his gloves.
I followed him down the narrow lane, his legs had already given him quite the lead.
“You said you had something for me.” I shouted hoping he would slow down.
He glanced over his shoulder at me, “I constantly forget how short you are.”
He dared to smile as he said it, the obtuse giant. -Isabella
Lastly one from Miss Hudson found in an old document.
“It’s rabbit blood.” He said, tapping the side of the vial.
“Is that supposed to make me feel better,” I started, “Where is the rabbit?”
He squinted at me, “Alive. She is somewhere bumbling about.”
“You set a rabbit lose in here,” my tone was almost calm. All things considered. it was probably the least odd thing he had done in recent weeks. “Did you tire of using your own blood?”-Miss Hudson
These are rough and probably littered with grammatical errors. I'm sorry.
(I think I just described myself)
(I think I just described myself)
Most of my writing cleaning is me deleting electronic files or taking papers that look like this...
Hope you guys enjoyed this!
Feel free to do it even if your not tagged. I would love to see everyone's posts.