This New Years, I had my first taste of champagne. I wanted to try it mainly because it was a bit of a fixture in my Snow White retelling. So I thought it would be a fun way to celebrate finishing that.
It was a disappointment, it doesn't taste how it looks. Granted it was cheap champagne. It tasted a lot like how this year went. What started as light and full of promise left me with an acrid after taste.
Not that there weren't great things about this year, but it was a difficult one for me. Every time I thought I had worked through something, I found myself worse off then before. I did a lot of healing mentally, but then I end up reverting back to bad habits.
I don't want to focus on that, I much rather talk about all the good things that happened this year.
I am obsessed, I already started a painting.
There was also a lot of highlights this year.
1. Meeting Skinner from the X-files, (which I know I mentioned in another post.) I actually got to talk to him for close to an hour. It was awesome, also the new season is out today and I am freaking out.
2. Did Inktober, and actually succeeded!
3. I wrote a 20,000 word retelling for the Roogle Wood Press Contest!
4. I did a lot of art, like a lot...
5. I drank exorbitant amounts of tea and coffee
6. I went dairy and wheat free
7. Lost 10 pounds
8. Finished a lot of things that I couldn't finish for years
9. Saw my prayers get answered
10. Had a lot of late nights with good friends
11. Laughed until my stomach hurt, cried too.
12. Learned so many life lessons and then forgot them, because that's life.
13. Realized I am surrounded by amazing supportive people.
14. Got some supplements for my anxiety and depression
15. Ate a lot of amazing food
16. Realized I have a best friend who truly knows me, and who will always be there for me.
17. Made decisions then changed my mind about said decisions.
All in all it was a full year, lots of ups and downs. I still have no idea what I am doing, and I am running away from responsibility like Peter Pan.
Faith, trust, and pixie dust, it works guys.